Escape room games have been popping up in Singapore over the last few years, and are a fun way of spending an hour or so while pretending you have been teleported into your favourite video game or movie.
For those still wondering what exactly a real-life escape room games is, let us explain. The idea is that a group of around two to eight people enter a ‘locked’ room (although there is always an emergency escape just in case) and use clues, puzzles and props in order to find a way out. The path sometimes leads to different sections or rooms, often with different themes, before finally finding the way out.
Sounds fun? Then read on to discover these 5 real-life games in Singapore.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
Lockdown is one of Singapore’s most popular escape room games, with two branches at Central Clarke Quay and Suntec City shopping malls. They have up to six different themed rooms to choose from, including a prison cell and a haunted classroom, and each game has a different difficultly level and minimum/maximum number of players. Unlike some other real-life games in Singapore, participants just chose one room to escape from, with each clue leading to another in order to make the eventual escape. The price is one of the cheapest about at $19 (off-peak weekdays, before 19:00) and $22 at all other times (per person per hour).
- Opening Hours: 11:00 - 22:00 Daily
- Address: Clarke Quay Central, 6 Eu Tong Sen Street, #03-51 and #02-33, Singapore
Suntec City Mall, Temasek Boulevard #03-377, Singapore
- Tel: +65 (0) 6221 0120
If waking up in an empty bedroom after being kidnapped by a strange lady, or having to escape the booby-trapped laboratory of a crazed scientist sounds like fun, then look no further than Breakout Singapore. Located in the heart of Chinatown, this is one of the most popular breakout games in Singapore and earns rave reviews from players of all ages. Recommended group sizes are between four and six people and those under 12-years-old have to be accompanied by an adult. $19 off-peak weekdays, before 17:00; $22 at other times (per person per hour).
- Opening Hours: 12:00 - 24 daily
- Address: 31B Kreta Ayer Road, Singapore (0pposite Kreta Ayer Community Centre)
- Tel: +65 (0) 6226 2688
Escape Hunt is a fun, family-friendly real-life game in Singapore that requires detective skills to solve a mystery and ultimately escape the room/situation you have been placed in. Don your very own Sherlock Holmes-esque hat, cape and pipe for that all-important photo-op before entering the room and starting the puzzle. Each game lasts up to 60 minutes and the rooms are designed for between two and five players. Rooms include themes such as ‘spy in the study’ and ‘blackmail in the bedroom’. Packages start from around $25 per person for an hour.
- Opening Hours: 10:00 - 22:00 daily
- Address: 100 Orchard Road, Concorde Hotel and Shopping Mall, #02-43/44/45/46, Singapore
- Tel: +65 (0) 6100 0828
This real-life escape game transports players into a different world of adventure; locked in a room, groups of between two and eight people have to find a way out using technology, equipment and other props that are found around each of the themed rooms.
Scenarios include a building in New York where you and your friends are a SWAT team and have to diffuse a bomb, as well as an impressive ‘prison break’ scene set in a high-security jail. All the games have varying difficulties and the minimum age is nine-years-old. Prices start from $22 per person per game.
- Opening Hours: 11:30 - 22:00 daily
- Address: Orchard Central #05-45, 181 Orchard Road, Singapore
- Tel: +65 (0) 6636 8470
Xcape, with 32 rooms across two levels, is one of the largest real-life escape games in Singapore, as well as being one of the most fun. Players can choose between eight different themed rooms based on popular video games and novels including Tomb Raider, Resident Evil and Vampire Diary, with each one presenting a different set of clues and puzzles to solve in order to make your escape.
Find Xcape’s two levels at Bugis Village (2nd and 3rd floors), which is directly accessible form Bugis MRT Station. Price varies from $22-28 between peak and off-peak times.
- Opening Hours: 11:00 - 23:30 daily
- Address: Bugis Village, 160A (level 2) & 158B (lvel 3) Rochor Road, S188435
- Tel: +65 (0) 6338 4451