Singapore is probably the premier family-friendly destination in Asia, thanks to the wealth of attractions catering to all ages, a clean and efficient public transport system and its relatively compact size. Teens will love the parks and active attractions, while even young families will have no trouble getting around as strollers and pushchairs can be used pretty much everywhere.
The best things to do with children in Singapore often take advantage of the great outdoors, be that on Sentosa Island just off the southern tip of Singapore or in the many fun and informative parks and museums scattered throughout the downtown area.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
If you are looking for some theme park fun with your family when in Singapore, you simply must spend the day at Universal Studios. Eighteen of the 24 rides housed within the amusement park were designed specifically for us here in Singapore, with highlights including the 3D ride Transformers, and the The Mummy rollercoaster. Walking around the park is a treat in itself with movie magic at every turn. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to 6pm
- Address: 11 Sentosa East, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6577 8888
All age, any weather attractions are on offer at the Singapore Discovery Centre, with everything from paintballing to 3D movies and even zorbing. Indoor activities include learning what goes into recording the news in mock television studio and a look back at Singaporean history and culture designed especially to be relevant to children. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Sunday from 9am to 6pm (closed on Mondays)
- Address: 510 Upper Jurong Road, Singapore 638365
- Tel: +65 6792 6188
These otherworldly structures spread out across Marina Bay will surely amaze children of all ages, especially come nightfall when they turn into a spectacle of light. The famous Supertree structures offer an impressive skywalk over the gardens, over-sized seashell-shaped greenhouses recreate chilly mountain climates and there are hundreds of trees and plants to discover.
Walking around the park won’t cost you a cent but if you want to step inside the climate-controlled conservatories, or walk amongst the Supertrees, there is a fee. The main park area is open from 9am to 9pm. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5am to 2am
- Address: 18 Marina Gardens Drive, Singapore 018953
- Tel: +65 6420 6848
Singapore Night Safari is a world-class attraction that not only provides entertainment and wonder to visitors, but also dedicated to conservation, rescue and research to help improve the lives of animals both in captivity and in the wild.
Thousands of animals from Asia, Africa, Europe and the Americas can be seen in the spacious natural environments of Night Safari. These attractions alone help Singapore earn its well-deserved reputation as one of the most family-friendly destinations in Asia. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 19:30 – 24:00 (Last admission at 23:00)
Restaurants and Retail Shops: Open daily from 18:00
- Location: Night Safari, Singapore 729826
- Tel: +65 6269 3411
If the humidity and heat get too much for your children, cool off at Singapore’s best water park. Wild Wild Wet Singapore promises an action-packed day of water-filled fun. There’s a good mix of adrenaline-filled slides, as well as plenty of gentle flumes and pools to please family members of all ages and tastes. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday-Friday from 1pm to 7pm, Saturday-Sunday 10am to 7pm
- Address: 1 Pasir Ris Close, Singapore 519599
- Tel: +65 6581 9128
KidZania Singapore is found at Sentosa Beach Resort, adding to the already-long list of family-friendly activities on the island. The complex promises to entertain as well as educate youngsters, with several different zones of fully interactive learning stations dotted around the indoor 'kid-sized city'.
Some of the highlights out of the 80 or so role-play activities include a fully-sized fuselage of a Boeing 737, a replica bank and a mini-hospital where the kids can brush up on their triple-coronary bypass skills. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 10am to 6pm
- Address: Rakan Riang Pte Ltd 1 Cove Avenue, Level 3, Block B #03-02, Singapore 098537
- Tel: +65 6653 6888
Palawan Pirate Ship
Palawan Pirate Ship (previously known as the Port of Lost Wonder) is an attraction dedicated to families with young children. This Sentosa attraction lies right by the beach, features a whole host of play areas, themed slides and climbing frames, as well as plenty of restaurants and retail options to keep the adults happy.
Palawan Pirate Ship organises games and activities throughout the day, both fun and educational for the kids, and also put on their highly recommended ‘Bubble Party’ on the weekends.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 6.30pm
- Address: 54 Palawan Walk Sentosa, Sentosa Island
- Tel: +65 1800 736 8672
Despite being just across the border in the southern Malaysian city of Johor, Legoland Malaysia is a popular family attraction for those in Singapore as the journey is little more than an hour.
Designed for younger kids, with plenty of colourful Lego blocks available in different themed areas, toddlers can construct (and deconstruct) their favourite Lego models. There is also a Lego Kingdom which features an impressive Dragon-themed roller coaster perfect for thrill seekers. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Weekdays from 10am to 6pm (closed Wednesday) and weekends and holidays from 10am to 8pm
- Address: LL Malaysia Taman Tema Sdn Bhd, P.O. Box 26, 81550, Gelang Patah, Johor
- Tel: +607 597 8888
Housed in one of Singapore’s most impressive architectural structures is an equally impressive range of exhibits which have been designed with some of the most cutting edge technology used in museums anywhere in the world.
The name ArtScience is certainly apt here as the different galleries highlight the relationship between the arts and the sciences. Different exhibitions have different prices but you can purchase an All Access ticket for S$30 for adults and S$19 for children. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 10pm (last admission at 9pm)
- Address: 10 Bayfront Avenue, Singapore 018956
- Tel: +65 6688 8868
To get a bird’s eye view of Singapore there is no better option than a ride on the Ferris wheel in Marina Bay called the Singapore Flyer. The pods are kept clean and modern, allowing a scenic trip which measures 165 metres at its tallest point.
It’s been a classic tourist activity since it opened in Singapore and is a fun activity at any time of day or night but particularly just after sunset when the lights of Singapore are lit up all around you. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8.30am to 10.30pm
- Address: 30 Raffles Avenue, Singapore 039803
- Tel: +65 6333 3311