Buddha Tooth Relic Temple in Singapore
The Buddha Tooth Relic Temple is a remarkable four-story temple. When entering the gate, you’ll immediately notice the stunning main hall with its high ceiling. The bell tower and drum tower are on the same floor. However, the main focus for most visitors is the solid gold two-metre stupa on the fourth floor which is the place where the sacred relic is kept. Continuing up to the roof, there is a pagoda that has a large prayer wheel. The temple is built in a style based on the Buddhist mandala and integrated with the Buddhism of the Tang dynasty.
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Dining Experience at Peony Jade
- Secrets of the Red Lantern Walking Tour
- A Taste of Chinatown: Food & Heritage Tour
- Chinese Customs Walking Tour: Birth, Marriage & Death
- Dinner at Quayside Seafood
- Chinatown Afternoon Food Tour
- Soothing Spa Experience
- Small-Group Chinatown Food Adventure
- Chinatown, Temple & Ann Siang Hill Walking Tour
History, Highlights and Features
The sacred building is located in the heart of Chinatown was founded in 2002 and opened to public only in 2007. A visit to this temple can be a memorable experience because it is rich in history and art. The Buddhist Culture Museum on the third floor houses about 300 Buddhist artifacts from all around Asia including China, Thailand, Myanmar and Pakistan. They offer a free English-language tour every Tuesday and Thursday and to avoid disappointment, it is wise to book early by calling in advance.
The little teahouse located on the second floor is a nice place to relax after the tour which usually lasts about an hour and here you’ll be served not only tea but some vegetarian cuisine. The temple holds ceremonies on a daily basis; visitors are allowed to take photos, even during services. Avoid off-the-shoulder T-shirts, shorts and mini-skirts as dress with respectful attire is required when visiting the temple.
Buddha Tooth Relic Temple
- Opening Hours: 09:00 - 18:30
- Address: 288 South Bridge Road, Singapore 058840
- Tel: +65 6220 0220
You May Also Like