Cloud Forest at Gardens by the Bay is one of Singapore’s most impressive attractions. This magnificent greenhouse-like glass dome can be seen from miles away and is just as stunning inside as it is from out. The large, climate-controlled dome has spiralling walkways and one of the world’s tallest indoor waterfalls that rains down from over 30 metres above.
Singapore is a hot country year-round, so a visit here is more than just a great way to cool off. Thanks to air-conditioning, jets of cool vapour, and that refreshing waterfall, temperatures inside Cloud Forest Singapore are kept low to replicate the moist, damp conditions found on misty tropical mountains from 900 to 2,700 metres above sea level.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
As you enter the sealed doors, you’ll more likely need to reach for a jacket rather than a fan. The gush of air created by the enormous waterfall hits you first, and you’ll usually gasp in awe as soon as you step foot inside. Take the elevator up to the top to begin your descent on the ramps that wind down, circling in and out of the main central column.
The flowers and tropical vegetation changes as you make the descent, mimicking how it would at different altitudes. The moss-covered ‘lost world’ at the top has a lotus pond, and along the way, there’s a stalactites and stalagmites display, an educational theatre, and a plethora of lilies, orchids, pitcher plants, sunflowers, and tassel fern.
Even if you’re not an avid flower enthusiast, a visit to the Cloud Forest at Gardens by the Bay is simply a must – purely to admire the stunning architecture, which is comprised of huge panes of glass set within a massive steel grid. There are no concrete columns in sight. Cloud Forest’s smaller brother, Flower Dome, is the world’s largest column-less greenhouse.
Flower Dome also makes up the pair of giant manmade structures at Gardens by the Bay. Entrance to both the Cloud Forest and Flower Dome is at S$28 for adults and S$15 for kids aged between 3 and 12 years.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to 9pm
- Location: 18 Marina Gardens Dr, Singapore 018953, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6420 6848