The Sentosa Crane Dance is a light and sound show on Sentosa Island that is also one of the largest animatronic shows in the world. Measuring over 30 metres tall, 2 steel cranes move through jets of water to a kaleidoscope of colour and a soundtrack of emotive music. This 10-minute audio-visual spectacular shows every evening at 8pm in an open-air amphitheatre, and is free to watch.
The premise is simple, the blue crane and the pink crane fall in love with each other – but there is still something magical about it. Flashes of light and dramatic music accompany the performance as the large steel structures move gracefully through the night sky. Their chests are emblazoned with large screens that add an extra dimension to the story, which ends with the cranes flying away into the night. It makes a great end to a day at Sentosa Island.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
While the Sentosa Crane Dance show is probably not going to be the highlight of your stay in Singapore, it is nevertheless very impressive and draws people every evening. There is no age restriction for admission and it’s suitable for all ages. Think of The Crane Dance as Singapore’s answer to the famous Symphony of Lights in Hong Kong and you’ll be on the right line.
It’s worth noting the best views of the show are taken well before the show starts so we do recommend turning up to claim your vantage point around 30 minutes before the Crane Dance show begins. It is easy to locate the huge metal frames close to Adventure Cove Waterpark, just a few minutes walk from Waterfront MRT Station. You can also find food and drinks stalls next to the amphitheatre.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 8pm to 8.15pm
- Location: 8 Sentosa Gateway, 098269, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6577 8888