Raffles Place and its environs, right outside the entrance of Raffles Place MRT and southwest of Merlion Park, are now occupied by skyscrapers such as the UOB Plaza and OUB Building. This is the heart of Singapore's business and financial centre – better known as the Central Business District.
From the viewing room on the 28th floor of UOB Plaza One, which is open to the public, you can get a spectacular view of Singapore River, the civic district and its colonial structures, and Boat Quay. The Plaza is also known to regularly hold exhibitions featuring the works of local artists at its gallery. From the top, still, there are some reminders left from when Singapore was a bustling colonial outpost. Raffles Place itself was established in the 1820s.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
Change Alley was the street where Indian moneychangers ran their businesses – today the Alley is tucked inside OUB Building but you can still change your foreign currencies and traveller cheques here. The alley inspired the name of the mall of the same name just east of Raffles Place.
South along the waterfront is Lau Pa Sat, a Victorian-styled cast-iron structure that used to house a wet market. Now, it's a lively hawker centre with stalls that sell arts and crafts and regularly shows cultural performances. The Fullerton Hotel Singapore, just north of Raffles Place, is one of Singapore’s landmark hotels, with views over Merlion Park and Marina Bay Sands across the Esplanade.
- Location: 1 Raffles Place, Singapore 048616, Singapore