The Singapore Botanic Gardens is a national landmark and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The nature attraction in the heart of the city features a small tropical rainforest, a ginger garden, and an orchid garden. The tropical rainforest is one among the only few pieces of original jungle left on the island and it’s reported to have more than 300 species of flora. The tallest trees stand about 40 metres in height.
This picturesque spot is not only a perfect location to view exotic plants, trees, and flowers but also all kinds of colourful birds and insects. Among them are oriental pied hornbills, spotted wood owls, crimson sunbirds, and stork-billed kingfishers, thanks to the ponds and lakes which attract the birds to the area. Some geese, black swans and ducks have made the gardens their permanent home, too.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
The popular National Orchid Garden has been part of the Singapore Botanic Gardens since 1859 and currently features 1,000 species and 2,000 hybrids. Only 600 species and hybrids are exhibited yet it still boasts the world’s biggest display of the tropical orchids. The adjacent ginger garden offers more than 250 species of attractive plants.
The best time to visit the Singapore Botanic Gardens is early in the morning or late afternoon – it can be very hot during the day. The gate actually opens as early as 5am when many locals come to jog and perform tai chi (which is a pretty interesting scene to observe). Many families also come here regularly to picnic, especially over the weekend.
The entrance is free but there is a small fee to visit the orchid garden. You can easily get food and drinks on the garden grounds from the many restaurants as well as a food court on site.
Singapore Botanic Gardens
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5am to midnight. National Orchid Garden open daily from 8.30am to 7pm
- Location: 1 Cluny Road, Singapore 259569, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6471 7138