Whether you plan to visit Sentosa Island for a day or more, be sure to include the Butterfly and Insect Kingdom in your itinerary. It caters to all levels of tourists, from nature enthusiasts and curious kids to insect lovers and visitors who simply want to take back home happy memories.
Butterfly and Insect Kingdom is a park that has been primarily built to display thousands of different varieties of insects. Set in a lush background complemented by blooming flowers and striking waterfalls, it’s now a safe refuge to more than 3,000 of the rarest and most endangered species of insects.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
Butterfly and Insect Kingdom is perhaps Sentosa Island’s most vivid area and this insectarium is truly a world of delicate beauty. Its butterfly park, modeled like an outdoor conservatory, is home to around 1,500 live butterflies of more than 50 species that include both common and rare assortments.
With beautiful butterflies freely flying around you, this area is similar to a tropical forest. Equally noteworthy in this section is Pupa House – a glass exhibit where the butterfly pupae are preserved to give you an idea about the metamorphosis of butterflies.
Housed within a 70m-long cave is Insect Safari Tunnel that conserves numerous intriguing insects in their natural habitat, such as the large Dynastes Hercules beetle, diving beetle, giant scorpions and giant millipedes. The first of its kind in the world, its significant insect collections also include fireflies that form the major highlight of Firefly Enclosure Show.
In addition to butterflies and insects, there is a lot more to see in Butterfly and Insect Kingdom. For instance, the park has an aviary that has some of the world’s most striking jungle parrots on display as well as an area exclusively dedicated to reptiles such as lizards and snakes.
Another segment of the insectarium is the Insect Kingdom Museum, where ‘Insect Revolution’ exhibits throw light on the history of insects’ evolution as well as several million-year-old insect fossils. The park conducts stage shows twice a day in order to enable visitors to get better acquainted with insects, birds and reptiles.
Butterfly Park & Insect Kingdom
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:30 - 19:00 (last entry 18.30)
- Address: 51 Imbiah Road, Singapore 099702
- Tel: +65 6275 0013
- How to get there: The park is easily accessible via Blue Line Bus or the Green Line Bus services