Singapore Theme Parks & Other Attractions
Looking for fun in Singapore? It isn't hard to find as the city-state, in spite of its conservative and staid reputation, is packed with attractions. For a start there's the 165-metre high fun machine the Singapore Flyer. Featuring panoramic views from each of its 28 bus-sized air-conditioned capsules you'll get more than an eyeful up there. The G-Max Reverse Buggy needs only seriously deranged people to go on it: people who are not afraid to be launched skyward at 200kmph.
On the more tranquil side of things, Songs of the Sea is a nightly 25-minute son et lumiere show for the family while Singapore Science Centre is an examplary 'edutainment' experience. Relax and have fun in the City-State, you'll not want for fun things to do and see.
- Morning Singapore City Tour
- Dinner Cruise on Imperial Junk
- Sentosa Island Experience (Morning)
- Universal Studios Singapore and Wing of Time
- Singapore Night Out
- Universal Studios Singapore & S.E.A Aquarium
- Zoo and Night Safari Tour
- Jurong Bird Park Tour
- Singapore Flyer With One Way Transfer
- Night Safari Tour
All Theme Park Attractions in Singapore
G-Max Reverse Bungy
The most adrenalin-inducing activity in Singapore has got to be the G-Max Reverse Bungy, Singapore’s first ever bungy. Be launched skywards at 200km per hour to a height of 60 metres for approximately five minutes; the experience is not unlike being an astronaut in a rocket launch. Also for a few more dollars extra, riders can get a T-shirt and a DVD recording of themselves in action, taken by an on-board camera.
- Opening Hours: Daily 14:00 till late
- Address: 3E River Valley Road, Singapore 179024
- Tel: +65 6338 1146
Haw Par Villa
Also known as the Tiger Balm Gardens Haw Par Villa is a theme park built around the heroes and legends of Chinese mythology. The park, built with the fortunes made by the Au brothers from the medicinal cure-all Tiger Balm, features a collection of vivid plaster and concrete figures.
These figures depict the stories of the famous Monkey God, as he makes his Journey to the West; the tragic love story of Lady White Snake; the Divine Maiden, a symbol of love and sacrifice; and the fearless hero Wu Song. There's also the grandiose Nine Dragon Wall and statues of the Laughing Buddha and the gods of Happiness, Wealth and Longevity.
But the piece de resistance of Haw Par Villa is undoubtedly the Ten Courts of Hell, which depict the various punishments suffered by men and women for sloth, indulgence, gambling, drinking and adultery. New additions to Haw Par Villa include a roller-coaster boat ride, and multimedia performances of Chinese legends and myths.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 09:00 - 18:00
- Address: 262 Pasir Panjang Road, Singapore 118628
- Tel: +65 6872 2780
- Price Range: SG$ 5 for adults and SG$ 2.50 for children between 3 and 12 years
NEWater Visitor Centre
The NEWater Visitor Center focuses on public education, explaining the advances in water purification technologies for the production of NEWater in water-thirsty Singapore. Visitors are shown around by experienced guides as well as learning through multi-media displays. After the tour ends, visitors will have more understanding of what exactly is in Singaporean tap water.
- Opening Hours: Tue - Sun 09:00 – 17:30
- Address: 20 Koh Sek Lim Road, Singapore 486593, not far from Tanah Merah MRT station
- Tel: +65 6546 7874
Discover another fun experience while at Sentosa such as the Skyride – an open-air cable-driven chairlift. Then try the luge which is a non-motorised, three-wheel carrier (aka self-driving car system) going down a steep hill. Visitors will enjoy the tree-top view of the nearby beaches before screaming at the top of their lungs as they lurch down the 650-metre track which starts near the Imbiah Lookout and ends at the Siloso Beach. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 – 21:30
- Location: Imbiah Lookout, Sentosa Island
- Tel: +65 6274 0472
- Tour Available: Sentosa Island Tour (Afternoon)
The Singapore Science Centre was created as a fun way to educate children on the wonders of science, and it's a great experience for the entire family. Here you'll find over 600 interactive exhibits, such as the Aviation Gallery which demonstrates the principles of flight, and gives you an account of how man first explored the skies.Don't miss the latest offering at the OmniMax Theatre, which offers 3-D IMAX movies on topics which have ranged from the Great Pyramids to great amusement park rides to life on the moon. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 - 18:00
- Address: 15 Science Centre Road, Singapore 609081
- Tel: +65 6425 2500
Singapore Discover Centre is an 'edutainment' experience. A bus tour takes guests around an 88-hectare training ground for army, navy and air force officers at the SAFTI Military Institute. At the Shooting Gallery, visitors can try out a computer-simulated shooting game using real rifles or alternatively try the Crossfire Paintball which is ideal for team-building exercises, with entertainment and educational possibilities. Enjoy the 3D iWERKS, a 344-seater world-class theatre, equipped with a five-storey high screen and excellent sound systems along with 2D and 3D viewing. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tue – Sun 09:00 – 18:00 (closed on Mondays)
- Location: A 30-minute drive from the city or a 10-minute walk from Joo Koon MRT Station.
- Address: 510 Upper Jurong Road, Singapore 638365
- Tel: +65 6792 6188
Meet the world’s largest Giant Observation Wheel – the Singapore Flyer. It is a one-of-a-kind experience in Asia. Built over a three-story terminal building, Singapore Flyer is 150 metres in diameter, 165 metres in height and travels at 0.21m per second. Each of its 28 city-bus-sized air-conditioned capsules can carry up to 28 passengers and a complete rotation of the wheel takes approximately 30 minutes. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 08:30 – 22:30
- Location: Southeast tip of the Marina Centre reclaimed land
- Address: 30 Raffles Avenue, Singapore 039803
- Tel: +65 6333 3311
- Tour Available: Singapore Flyer
Songs of the Sea
Songs of the Sea is another entertainment choice on Sentosa Island. Here, visitors will enjoy an amazing nightly 25-minute light show with high tech and dramatic effects, special computer-generated images, captivating music and stunning bursts of flame as well as a wonderful display of water jets plus a good story line. This wonderful outdoor theme show is a fun way to spend time with family and friends.
- Opening Hours: Daily 19:40 and 20:40, Additional show at 21:40 every Sat (For the month of June)
- Location: On Sentosa Island
- Tour Available: Sentosa Island Tour (Sunset)
The latest addition to Singapore’s attractions is Universal Studios. Opened in March 2010, it has seven themed sections with countless rides and shows, all related to major hit movies. The park is part of the US$4.5 billion Resorts World Sentosa Development. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily 09:00 – 18:00
- Address: 11 Sentosa East Mall, Singapore 099054
- Tel: +65 6577 8888
- Tour Available: Universal Studios Singapore