Underwater World is one of the largest tropical oceanariums in Asia that is top of the list of Sentosa Island’s key attractions. In the 1980s, the Sentosa Development Corporation initiated the idea of erecting an oceanarium on the island. Consequently, the Singapore government, in conjunction with the Underwater World International (UWI) and Marinescape Corporation, took steps to initiate the project and the oceanarium was built and officially opened in 1991. Owned and operated by Haw Par Corporation, Underwater World is now home to over 2,500 fish from 250 species. In fact, a visit to this oceanarium filled with exotic aquatic species enables you to take on board lots of rich and interesting information on marine life.
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Universal Studios Singapore® Admission with SG$5 Meal Voucher
- Sentosa Day FUN Pass
- Universal Studios Singapore® 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ Admission with SG$5 Meal Voucher
- Sentosa Island Afternoon Tour with Wings of Time Priority Seating
- S.E.A. Aquarium™ Pass with SG$5 Meal Voucher
- S.E.A. Aquarium™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Sentosa Island Tour
- Indoor Skydiving Experience at iFLY
As you enter Underwater World, the first thing that you’ll come across is the Touch Pool – probably the most boisterous segment of the oceanarium. As the name implies, the Touch Pool enables you to touch its residents in the form of star fishes, blue-spotted stingrays, sea cucumbers and puffer fishes. Adjacent to the main entrance area is the ‘Feed the Shark’ area where you can feed baby sharks. Another must-see area is Turtle Pool whose highlight is endangered turtle species such as hawksbill turtle.
Perhaps the major draw of the oceanarium is its moving walkway that is completely enclosed by an 83-metre long underwater tunnel, which in turn passes through a huge tank that holds a vast array of aquatic species in about four million litres of seawater. Whether you opt for slowly walking along the or prefer to take advantage of ‘travelator’, this amazing tunnel takes you on a voyage through some of the world’s diverse and unique sea creatures such the weedy sea dragon (that looks not unlike a mythological Chinese dragon), jellyfish, monitor lizards, giant groupers, archerfish, giant spider crabs, mudskippers, sea turtles, and mud crabs.
A visit to Underwater World is incomplete without taking a tour to Dolphin Lagoon – a great place to watch the charming performances of seals and Indo-Pacific humpback dolphins, otherwise known as pink dolphins. The oceanarium also provides opportunities for visitors to venture in a variety of adventure activities including Marine Discovery – an amazing way to closely feed and mingle with aquatic animals like shovelnose rays and stingrays, Dive with the Sharks – a guide-led activity that enables you to dive with large sharks and eagle rays and Swim with the Dolphins.
Additionally, visitors to Underwater World can indulge in such fun activities as fish reflexology that involves pedicure by spa fish and a soothing foot massage by an experienced reflexologist.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10:00 - 19:00 (last entry 18:30)
Fish Reflexology 10:00 - 19:00 (last appointment at 18:15)
- Remarks: Programmes and activities like Swim with Dolphin, Dive with Sharks and Marine Discovery are special paid activities.
- Address: 80 Siloso Road, Sentosa, Singapore 098969
- Tel: +65 6275 0030
- How to get there: In order to reach Underwater World, take the blue line bus departing from the Beach Station, Sentosa Island