Universal Studios Singapore was the latest addition to Singapore’s attractions list. Opened in 2010, Universal Studios Singapore has seven themed sections with countless rides and shows, all related to major hit movies. The park is part of the US$4.5 billion Resorts World Sentosa Development.
Start off in Hollywood. Strolling down Hollywood Boulevard will make you think that you’re in the States, not in a tropical Asian country. This is the main shopping area of the park. New York is based of course on the city of New York and here you can have your photo snapped with ‘movie stars’ such as Charlie Chaplin and Marilyn Monroe. Continue on to Sci-Fi city featuring a pair of the world’s tallest intertwining roller coasters among other things and then to Ancient Egypt where you will be faced with two massive guard statues. The atmosphere is truly that of ancient Egypt so get in to experience the ‘Revenge of the Mummy’ ride, a must for adults but not quite the best thing for young kids.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
What to See and Do at Universal Studios Singapore
Next comes The Lost World which is based on the two popular films Jurassic Park and Waterworld; lots of excitement and a huge T-Rex. A must-visit for Shrek fans is the Far, Far Away section, featuring a beautiful castle and Shrek’s swamp. Don’t worry – you’ll get plenty of chances to have your photo taken with Shrek and Fiona.
The last stop is at Universal Studios Singapore is Madagascar (everyone knows and loves it!) This is a real winner and is guaranteed to bring a smile to people of all ages with its well-known characters, indoor boat rides and special effects and sounds.
Did you know?
- You will never go hungry at the Studios as there are plenty of restaurants to choose from. There’s also lots of fun shopping, ranging from T-Shirts and key rings to many more Universal Studios’ goodies.
- The park also advises guests to bring along a spare set of clothes, as certain attractions may get you wet. Storage lockers are available for a fee.
- Don’t forget you’re in Singapore where the weather can be unpredictable, so take an umbrella or raincoat.
- You might consider avoiding visiting the Studios at weekends and public holidays because many rides and shows can be extremely crowded. Other than that Universal Studios Singapore is definitely a fun place for everyone, especially families and couples.
Universal Studios Singapore
- Opening Hours: 10:00 – 20:00
- Location: On Sentosa Island, south of the main Singapore Island (take the Sentosa Express from Vivocity Shopping Mall. Get off at Waterfront Station and from there you can walk to Universal Studios. Or take a bus just outside Vivocity).
- Address: 8 Sentosa Gateway, Sentosa Island, Singapore 098269
- Tel: +65 6577 8888