Meat lovers will be more than satiated with a variety of 12 types of grilled meats, each marinated distinctively at Brazil Churrasco, Singapore’s first Brazilian barbeque restaurant.
Choose your cuts from the friendly passador (meat waiter) as he goes around each table. From sausages, chicken and fish to various cuts of beef, pork and lamb, there is definitely a slice of meat to please everyone and a generous salad bar is included. Don’t forget to order the Brazilian Caipirinha – sugarcane liquor with lime or lemon.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 6pm to 10pm, Sundays from 11.30am to 2.30pm and from 6pm to 10pm
- Location: 14/16 Sixth Avenue, Singapore 276476, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6463 1923
A charming, all-day dining eatery with indoor and outdoor seating located in the verdant Botanic Gardens, Casa Verde means ‘Green House’ in Italian. Ideal for early morning visitors, it opens at 7.30am for breakfast, serving local and western dishes followed by all-day dining Italian fare.
Try the luscious crostini platter filled with different toppings and the broad variety of thin-crusted pizzas. Children are also indulged with their own menus and table setting.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 7.30am to 8pm
- Location: Visitors Centre, Singapore Botanic Gardens, 1 Cluny Rd, Singapore 259569
- Tel: +65 6467 7326
Greenwood Fish Market and Bistro
Nestled away in an old affluent neighbourhood, this is a bustling seafood market offering live catch from all over the world including Boston lobsters, Alaskan king crabs, Australian barramundi, Japanese sashimi, French sardines and more.
Make your selection and stroll into the adjacent bistro for a meal. The seafood platters are excellent for sharing. It’s all-day dining here with breakfast served on the weekend.
- Opening Hours: Daily from midday to 10.30pm
- Location: 34 & 38, Greenwood Ave, Singapore 289236, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6467 4950
Newton Food Centre
Newton Food Centre is a prominent landmark on the local food scene with close proximity to the Orchard Road hotels. The food centre was designed to blend in with neighbouring colonial houses and presents a breezy, lush floral landscape.
With over 80 stalls selling hawker favourites like spring rolls, all types of fried and boiled noodles, Indian curries, oyster omelettes, barbequed seafood and more, you'll have a field day trying to sample all the fare. With alfresco and sheltered seating, it’s certainly a pleasant experience for newcomers to the island. Beware of aggressive touting by stall owners though.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from 5.30pm to midnight (closed on Sundays)
- Location: Newton Circus Food Centre, Clemenceau Avenue, Singapore 229495, Singapore
Relish is on the second floor of Cluny Court, a row of gracefully restored shophouses on the edge of Singapore Botanic Gardens.
Relish has a modern funky interior and specializes in untraditional burgers such as blue cheese beefburger with rocket salad, poached pear and walnut butter, the paper-thin omelette-wrapped Ram-Lee burger, the soft-boned char-siew pork open focaccia burger and the curry chicken burger. Their weekend brunches are a magnet for yuppies and families living nearby.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9am to 10pm
- Location: 501 Bukit Timah Rd, #02-01 Cluny Court, Singapore 259760, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6763 1547
Ristorante Da Valentino
Situated in a quiet residential area, Ristorante Da Valentino prides itself on being a totally Italian family owned and operated restaurant serving authentic Italian fare.
With a homely ambience, the restaurant boasts fine thin-crusted pizzas and fresh seafood dishes in addition to its antipasto and pasta. Its pastry boutique customizes traditional cakes, pastries and tarts with a modern twist.
- Opening Hours: Daily from midday to 2.30pm and from 6pm to 10pm
- Location: 200 Turf Club Road, #01-19 Singapore 287994, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6462 0555