Jaan Restaurant has been at the forefront of Singapore’s fine dining scene since it first opened on the 70th floor of Swissotel the Stamford hotel. Boasting panoramic views of the Singapore skyline, Jaan’s wow-factor starts before you’ve even taken your first bite. And when you do, you’ll be just as impressed.
It’s no surprise that this intimate 40-seat venue has been a permanent fixture on critically-acclaimed lists of ‘best restaurants in Asia’, with its creative French-inspired menu (and numerous detours most notably to Italian and Asian cuisine) delighting even the most discerning of food critics.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
Jaan’s five or seven-course set menu brings the finest seasonal ingredients to centre stage to enhance delicacies such as fresh oysters, langoustine, caviar, foie gras and pigeon. Head Chef Julien Royer has a wealth of experience of working at restaurants across France, and has quickly risen as one of the most highly rated French chefs plying their trade in Asia since he took over the helm at Jaan.
The venue itself is quite a grand affair too, featuring giant floor-to-ceiling windows looking out over Singapore, and the overall classic décor and soft lighting is met by a more contemporary edge as soon as you look up as the shiny silver installation on the ceiling.
If you don’t want to break the bank, a set three-course lunch is available between 12:00-14:30, priced at $78. However, to really appreciate the whole Jaan experience, it’s best to book a table in the evening, and indulge in one of their ever-changing five or seven course menus ($298-$369 without wine).
Standout dishes include the ‘confit rainbow trout’ cooked using Kurobuta pork with miso caramel and yuzu, the ‘Welsh lamb ‘Provencale’’, ‘hay-roasted pigeon’ with foie gras and ‘artichoke ravioli’ cooked with ricotta and basil.
Jaan Restaurant is easy to find, located in one of the tallest hotels in Singapore. Take the MRT to City Hall, or tell your driver to head to Swissotel the Stamford, then take the elevator to the 70th floor. Reservations are normally needed in advance (especially for dinner) and there is a dress code of no shorts or sandals.
- Opening Hours: Mon - Sat 12:00 - 14:30 (lunch), 19:00 - 22:00 (dinner)
- MRT: City Hall
- Address: 70th Floor, 2 Stamford Road, Swissotel the Stamford
- Tel: +65 6837 3322