Little Saigon is a long-favourite restaurant and bar located at Clarke Quay, Singapore’s famed nightlife hub. Serving all the Vietnamese classics (think pho, lemon beef, spring rolls, roasted duck…), the relaxed dining vibe here during the day turns more lively as the evening goes on, with a house band belting out Top 40 hits well into the night.
Décor at Little Saigon lives up to its name, with obvious references to Vietnam’s second city such as hanging lanterns, colonial-esque wooden surfaces and generous helping of colour to brighten the whole place up. They are located right in the middle of Clarke Quay’s action (at Block E, underneath the bubble-like roof). Their tempting happy hour also gets you 50% off all beers, cocktails and house pours every day when you arrive before 20:00.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
Food wise, you’d be hard-pushed to find a more comprehensive menu of all the Vietnamese staples in Singapore, as well as a few more fusion-y dishes thrown in too. Classic pho (noodle soup) dishes are around $18-20, which is not cheap, but they do use premium ingredients and the portions are big. More finger-friendly food for sharing includes their grilled prawn skewers ($14), chicken wings ($8) or just go for their popular ‘Saigon Sharing Platter’ (fried spring rolls, sugarcane prawns, pork meatballs, fried seasoned calamari, prawn crackers - $45).
Following in line with the name and décor, drinks, particularly the cocktails, take on more of that Vietnamese edge. Signatures include the ‘Saigon Kick’ (vodka, pineapple juice, mint, sugar, bitters) and the ‘Hanoi Martini’ which adds orange curacao, lemongrass and lime to the usual gin base. Cocktails are priced at around $15-17, so are beers by the pint, shooters and house mixes.
To sum, reasons to visit Little Saigon are threefold; firstly, their Vietnamese menu holds up well against any other Clarke Quay restaurants and is priced sensibly; secondly, if you arrive before 20:00 you’re going to be paying less than $10 for a pint or cocktail (bargain!); and finally, the quality live band in the evening really does transform this place into fun party place good for a mixed crowd, young and old – even if the Top 40 covers are a bit cheesy.
Little Saigon Singapore
- Opening Hours: Mon - Thu 15:00 - 01:00, Fri 15:00 - 03:00, Sat 12:00 - 03:00 and Sun 12:00 - 01:00
- Address: BLK E, Clarke Quay #01-02, River Valley Road, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6337 5585