The Banana Leaf Apolo stands out as one of the best curry houses in Singapore – this also means it’s probably one of the best Indian restaurants in the country. Little India’s Serangoon Road and the adjacent Racecourse Road overflows with curry houses, but this restaurant consistently delivers on flavour.
As one of the best-known restaurants in Little India, The Banana Leaf Apolo has been around for as long as we can remember. Due to its popularity, prices are somewhat inflated for the partly-tourist crowd, but you do get fast and friendly service – something which some of Little India’s more ‘local’ curry houses sometimes lack.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
The quality of the Indian treats served up here frequently win customers’ praise, with house specialities such as their fish head curry and Masala chicken both particularly impressive. Several dishes contain mutton, which is quite common for Little India. It’s slow-cooked in-house and delivers a satisfyingly rich flavour.
The inspiration for the name, ‘Banana Leaf Apolo’, will become clear once your food arrives. Many of their dishes are served on actual banana leaves instead of plates – a tradition all over India (and a great way to save on the washing up too).
This small enclave of Singapore must be experienced if you want to see all sides of this cosmopolitan city state – there’s no better way to do it than by eating your way through! Find The Banana Leaf Apolo Restaurant on Racecourse Road, walking distance from both Little India MRT and Farrer Park MRT (just look for the bold green signs opposite the park).
The Banana Leaf Apolo (Race Course Road)
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10.30am to 10.30pm
- Location: 54 Race Course Rd, Singapore 218564, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6293 8682