The cherry-coloured Loft Café on the corner of East Coast Road and Smith Street is a great find and a haven from the busy lanes and cramped shop houses of Chinatown. This light and airy restaurant serves a wide selection of breakfast, lunch and hearty dinner options. With plenty of magazines, books and free Wi-Fi it keeps customers returning for chilled afternoons and lazy coffee mornings. The decor is simple, with a series of white tables and chairs lining the walls and four coveted comfy sofas at the back, where you can watch the world go by. Open every day from 09:00 it closes early on a Monday afternoon, but stays open till 22:00 every other day.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
There is no need to enquire about Loft’s favourite meal of the day because one glance at the menu makes it clear that the focus is definitely breakfast. They serve a trio of all-day breakfasts, and if you want to be set up for the day then we recommend the Loft Breakfast Platter. With so many pancakes and waffle options anyone with a sweet tooth will have a tough decision – keep it simple with the butter and maple syrup or choose the fruity addition of peaches or strawberries with cream. The owners and staff are friendly and accommodating, you never feel rushed and they are happy to be flexible with the menu. This place is also very child-friendly with a kids’ corner to keep them entertained and some super cute teddy bear shaped pancakes to keep their blood sugar up.
Come lunchtime there is a decent selection of sandwiches, salads and soups. Recent additions to the menu include some great dinner options too – comfort food such as a generous beer battered fish and chips or a large chorizo topped pizza to share. Their fresh Italian coffee is just the kick you need to start the day and in the evenings they serve bottles of wine and pizza. Because of the Loft’s chilled out vibe they often hold events, so don’t be surprised if you turn up and there is an acoustic music set or a creative workshop going on. The combination of deeply satisfying food and a great place to lounge makes Loft one of those cafés that you are sure to tell your friends about.
The Loft Café
- Opening Hours: Mon 09:00 - 15:00, Tue - Sat 09:00 - 22:00, Sun 09:00 - 18:00
- MRT: Chinatown
- Address: 268A South Bridge Road (off Smith Street) Singapore 058817