No.5 Emerald Hill is a popular cocktail bar on the namesake road off Singapore’s famous shopping street of Orchard Road. It’s a great small detour for when you’re in the mood for some drinks in between your shopping. This swanky spot has been at the forefront of Singapore’s exciting and innovative cocktail scene since it first opened in 1991.
Even if you’re not a fan of cocktails, No.5 Emerald Hill is still worth checking out for its friendly vibes and quirky interiors alone. It’s comprised of a long bar that’s illuminated by a skylight above, and it has a second-floor pool table and a rather summery-feeling alfresco terrace.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
Also known simply as ‘No.5’, the bar is easily walkable from the gauntlet of shops at Orchard. Just head up Cairnhill Road and turn right onto Emerald Link which connects to Emerald Hill. You’ll find that this cute little enclave is home to a dozen or so other bars and restaurants – Acid Bar and Alley Bar to name a few, but No.5 seems to stand out most.
The selection of cocktails at No.5 Emerald Hill is long, with a good variety of classics and signature mixes. Choosing one of these more inventive cocktails can be a bit of a lucky dip, with often mind-boggling combinations of liquor and other ingredients. Even so, the helpful mixologists are on hand to point you in the right direction depending on your taste.
Standouts include the Peachy Surprise Martini (vodka, Bols Peach, peach syrup, and lemon), No.5 Cocktail (rum, vodka, pineapple juice, mango, coconut cream, strawberry puree, blue curacao and crème de banana), or try a shot of their 30-Day Infused Chili Vodka for a spicy pick-me-up. Prices are from S$20.
A modestly-sized bar snack menu is on hand to soak up the booze, with French fries, chicken wings, and pizzas available throughout the day. Don’t forget to check out one of Singapore’s longest-running happy hours here, stretching from noon (when they open) to 9pm, daily.
No.5 Emerald Hill
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from midday to 2am, Fridays and Saturdays from midday to 3am, Sundays from 2pm to 2am
- Location: 5 Emerald Hill Road, Singapore 229289, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6732 0818