Canvas Nightclub in Singapore opened its doors at Clarke Quay in July 2014, replacing the much-loved Home Club that closed down earlier in the year.
Since 2004, Home Club amassed a loyal following of alternative dance music lovers, who, in light of its closure and subsequent reboot, might be a little sceptical of this new project. However, owners of Canvas nightclub, who were actually responsible for the original Home Club as well as Bed Supperclub in Bangkok, have promised punters much of the same thing. This means a strict bass-heavy music policy which shies away from all the pop hits and EDM-style tracks found in most of the nearby Clarke Quay clubs (we’re looking at you Attica).
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
Home Club at Clarke Quay closed in May 2014, so with only a two-month turnaround time, don’t expect a complete transformation at the new Canvas Club, which is all in the same building. There is, however, a bold new yellow-on-black branding to look out for, and the PR at Canvas have promised to keep the best DJs – both local and international – playing on a weekly basis, encompassing genres such as garage, techno, progressive, minimal house and drum & bass.
Another thing that has changed at Canvas in Singapore is the role of the venue. Instead of being purely a place to come to hang out and party at night, the venue now also doubles up as an art gallery in the day. This also means extended opening times from 3pm-3am most days. Owners have dubbed Canvas club as an “audio-visual, multi-media, interactive entertainment” venue; only time will tell how well these three elements can combine.
You can find the close-to-3,000sq ft Canvas club at The Riverwalk at Clarke Quay, accessible from Clarke Quay MRT Station or City Hall station just a short walk across the Singapore River. Most nights you should expect to pay around $S20-30 to get in, but this does include a free drink. This entrance fee is subject to change for special events.
- Opening Hours: 15:00 - 03:00
- Address: 20 Upper Circular Road, The Riverwalk B1-01/06 Singapore
- Tel: +65 6538 2928