Anti:dote is a stylish cocktail lounge at the Singapore’s luxurious Swissotel The Stamford. Critically acclaimed mixologist, Tom Hogen, crafts combinations that impress no end, including his Asian inspired ‘Tonic’ which uses lemongrass, ginger and rum, as well as ‘the treat of kings’ giving our taste buds a real kick with its sourness. Most cocktails come Read More...
- Opening Hours: Bar: 17:00 - 02:00 Daily, Dinner: Mon - Fri 18:00 - 23:00, Sat - Sun 18:00 - 00:00
- Address: 2 Stamford Road, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6338 8585 – Swissotel The Stamford
Balaclava is the epitome of bar chic. Designed with an Eastern European feel that displays originality and located at Suntec City Mall, Balaclava has plush leather sofas, very high ceilings and snazzy-looking televisions that make this bar very lush, masculine and elegant altogether. Perfect for a late night chill-out session after a hectic day at the office and a much sought-after venue for events.
- Opening Hours: Mon - Thu 16:00 – 01.00,
Fri & Eve of Public Holidays 16:00 – 02:00,
Sat & Public Holidays 18:00 – 01:00 (Closed on Sunday)
- Address: #01-01B Suntec City Mall, 1 Raffles Boulevard, Singapore 039593
- Tel: +65 6339 1600
Barber Shop by Timbre
Although boasting a rather swanky exterior in a white washed grand old house, this feel-good Singapore bar delivers a great non-pretentious vibe with their live band putting the emphasis firmly on the music rather than how good you look or how expensive your drink is. That said, you can still blow a few hundred in here if you go for a bottle of one of their fine single malts – although most of the beers and wines are sensibly priced at around S$10. As for the band, expect blues, funk, soft rock and jazz. Barber Shop by Timbre often gets packed at peak times (Weds/Fri/Sat night), a testament as to how good the band is. Find Barber Shop in The Arts House, a few blocks away from City Hall MRT.
- Opening Hours: Fri - Sat 18:00 - 01:00
- Address: #01-03 The Arts House, 1 Old Parliament Lane Singapore
- Tel: +65 6336 3386
City Space Bar
City Space at Swissôtel Stamford delights and entertains with an intimate, stylish bar on the 70th floor offering a range of creative, unusual cocktails and a stunning view of Singapore’s skyline. Happy hour runs from 17:00 till 20:00, with a selection of cocktails starting at 15 SGD, making City Space a great place to get a Read More...
- Opening Hours: Sun - Thu: 17:00 - 01:00, Fri - Sat: 17:00 - 02:00
- Address: 2 Stamford Road, 70F Swissotel The Stamford
- Tel: +65 6837 3322
Don’t mistake this restored 19th Century gothic chapel for, well, a place of worship. Chijmes, pronounced ‘chimes’, is in fact a multi-purpose hall with a fabulous array of shopping boutiques, art galleries as well as specialty restaurants, bars and club lounges with live music. The atmosphere is distinctively European, with an open courtyard garden for hosting Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11:00 till late
- MRT: City Hall
- Address: 30 Victoria Street, Singapore 187996
- Tel: +65 6337 7810
With its soft carpeted floor, plush chairs and rather sterile bar area, Gravity Bar looks and feels like a classic hotel bar - probably because it is one. That shouldn’t put you off though, as there fantastic drinks deals to be had and the cocktails are top-notch too. If you arrive before 8pm, beers are only S$8, whilst house pours, wines, martinis and other cocktails are S$10. They do some tasty snacks and an acoustic band lulls the crowd with their contemporary covers every night from around 7pm. A great place for a business meeting, to take your parents or somewhere to have a conversation over some reasonably priced drinks without having to shout. Find Gravity Bar in the lobby of the luxurious Carlton Hotel.
- Opening Hours: Sun - Thu 17:00 - 01:00, Fri - Sat 15:00 - 01:00
- Address: Carlton Hotel, 1 Gopeng Street Singapore
- Tel: +65 6311 8839
Harry's @ Chijmes
Situated at the old CHIJ School, Harry’s @ Chijmes is among a collective of bars and restaurants that is bustling with nightlife. It’s the place to watch a match over an ice-cold beer with some friends.
- Opening Hours: Mon - Thu 16:00 - 01:00, Fri - Sat 16:00 - 02:00,
Sun & Non-weekend Public Holiday 16:00 - 01:00,
Eve of Public Holidays 16:00 - 02:00
- Address: 30 Victoria Street, #B1-06, Chijmes, Singapore 187996
- Tel: +65 6334 9150/51
Ice-Cold B’s @ SMU
No prizes for guessing what this bar specialises in. This American style bar/diner lays on a whole host of beer deals including Stella (S$6 for a half and S$9 for a pint) and Hoegaarden (about a dollar more) as well as serving beer in the jug-form for about S$20. Ice-Cold B’s is located inside the Lee Kong Chian School of Business on Stamford Road, so expect mostly students (although many seem to be of the ‘mature variety.) There’s also a pool table and they do a range of American fast food so soak up all that beer.
- Opening Hours: Mon - Thu 11:00 - 00:00, Fri - Sat 11:00 - 01:00, Sun 16:00 - 00:00
- Address: #01-01 Lee Kong Chian School Of Business, 50 Stamford Road, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6837 3585
Loof was the first ‘standalone’ rooftop bar in Singapore, and is still going strong today despite the ever-growing competition around town. The views up here can’t be compared to say 1-Altitude or CE LA VI, however, there is a much more relaxed and casual atmosphere helped in no small part by their 17:00-20:30 happy hour. It’s Read More...
- Opening Hours: Mon - Thur 17:00 - 01:00, Fri - Sat 17:00 - 02:00 (Closed on Sunday)
- Address: 331 North Bridge Road #03-07 Odeon Towers Extension Rooftop (Opposite Raffles Hotel Shopping Arcade) Singapore 188720
- Tel: +65 9773 9304
Mansion Bay nightclub falls into our Marina Bay area, but as this is one of the closest, and in our opinion, best nightclubs near the Civic District, we’ve included in this list too! More commonly referred to as just ‘Mansion’ by the in-the-know locals who make up most of the crowd, this stand alone venue opened Read More...
- Opening Hours: Mon - Sat 18:00 - 02:00 (subject to special events)
- Address: 8 Raffles Avenue
- Tel: +65 6333 4083
Mr Punch Restaurant and Wine Bar
Head to the very top of the Mint Museum of Toys on Seah Street and you’ll find this very compact and rather funky little rooftop bar and restaurant. Although not exactly boasting the skyscraping views, the bar does offer a nice breeze and a good look down at the streets around Singapore’s City Hall area. The walls are plastered in vintage posters and junk, making it feel a tad cheap, depending on your taste. Thankfully, then, the prices are to match, with pints starting at S$10 and a whole host of drinks deals including 25% of Martinis on Wednesday and happy hours running until 10pm on the weekends.
- Opening Hours: Mon - Thu 18:00 - 02:00, Sat - Sun 18:00 - 03:00
- Address: Rooftop Mint Museum of Toys, 26 Seah St. Singapore
- Tel: +65 6339 6266
New Asia Bar
71 storeys up at Swissotel Swissotel The Stamford lies New Asia Bar; one of the finest as well as swankiest rooftop bars in Singapore. Making several ‘Top 50 Bars in the World’ lists, this luxurious nightspot offers great views across Singapore and over to Malaysia and even Indonesia on clear nights. Come in the day time Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tue 19:00 - 01:00, Wed - Thu 19:00 - 02:00, Fri - Sat 19:00 - 03:00 and Sun 14:00 - 01:00 (Closed on Monday)
- MRT: City Hall
- Address: Swissotel The Stamford Singapore, 2 Stamford Road, #71-00, Equinox Complex, Singapore 178882
- Tel: +65 9177 7307
Singapore Sling at Raffles Long Bar
Home of the Singapore Sling, the down to earth décor of this two-storey bar was inspired by the Malayan plantations of the 1920s. In addition to almost every alcoholic and non-alcoholic concoction imaginable, the bar also serves traditional pub favourites that are available as a meal or snacks. In the evening, a band performs a selection Read More...
- Opening Hours: Sun - Thu 11:00 - 00:30, Fri - Sat 11:00 - 01:30
- Address: 1 Beach Road, Singapore 189673
- Tel: +65 6337 1886
Stereolab / Stereolounge
With a capacity of 150, Stereolounge serves up a heady mix of Latin-inspired cuisine, along with delicious cocktails. Following the venues focus on luxury, only premium alcohols are used. For example, Smirnoff Black, the more premium range of the Smirnoff vodkas is used as the house vodka.
The organically-shaped room is clad in a glamourous, yet warm mix of wood and bronze mirror, with plush velveteen seats and button poufs surrounding a DJ console of dark wood. An eclectic range of DJs and musicians have been chosen to provide a carefully-curated weekly programme of aural pleasure.
- Opening Hours: Fri - Sat 22:30 - 06:00, Sun 20:00 - 04:00
- Address: Pan Pacific Singapore, Marina Square, 7 Raffles Boulevard, Singapore 039595
- Tel: +65 6337 0800