Club Kyo has quickly taken the reigns as one of the most popular underground nightclubs in Singapore, regularly welcoming some of the most pioneering, genre-defining DJs in the world. It’s not only the music policy that creates the underground vibes either; the club is located in the compact basement space of the Keck Seng Tower, so expect a rather more intimate atmosphere compared to some of Singapore’s other big-name clubs that often stretch across several floors.
As well as holding special DJ events that go on into the early hours, Club Kyo is also open in the daytime (Tues-Sat from 14:00). Take a seat at one of the secluded booths or park yourself at longest bar in Singapore, which specialises in Japanese whiskey, sake and a decent list of signature cocktails. Entrance is free during the day, but prices on the door do vary according to the event at night.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
The Japanese drinks at the bar follow in the line with the club’s overall theme: think Tokyo sushi bar-meets-designer hotel lobby - plus a spacious dance floor that fills up quickly after midnight. There's ample wooden furniture and flooring, sleek metallic lines and Japanese-inspired installations; no tacky disco balls or mirrored walls here.
Club Kyo is one of the best clubs in Singapore for house, tech and minimal music fans. Over the last few years, the club has welcomed some of the most in-demand underground DJs from Europe, with the likes of Surgeon, Sigha, Midland and Ben UFO all selling out the 200-capacity club.
After celebrating their second anniversary in March 2015, Club Kyo announced that they’re set to open a second location in Kuala Lumpur, scheduled for August 2015. Definitely something to look out for.
Find Club Kyo Singapore in the Central Business District’s Keck Seng Tower on Cecil Street. Those coming by MRT should get off at either Downtown or Telok Ayer Street on the blue line. Please note that prices after 21:00 do vary at each event, but you can normally expect to pay between SG$15-25 (plus free drink). There’s no official dress code, but best avoid flip flops and shorts (so you don’t stand out in a bad way).
- Opening Hours: Wed - Fri 10:00 - 03:00, Sat 10:00 - 04:00
- Address: 133 Cecil Street, Keck Seng Tower, #B1-02, Singapore
- Tel: +65 8299 8735 (Tues - Sat from 14:00)