Loof Rooftop bar near Bugis might just be Singapore’s most fun place to drink above the city. This long-running bar on the top of Odeon Towers shrugs off the image of your typical upmarket Singapore rooftop, delivering feel good vibes and decent beats, as well as some rather tempting drinks promos and nice views to match.
Loof was the first independent rooftop bar in Singapore, and is still going strong today despite the ever-growing competition around town. The views up here can’t be compared to say 1-Altitude or Ku De Ta (now CE LA VI), but there is a much more relaxed and casual atmosphere helped in no small part by their famous four-hour happy hour.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
Open from 17:00, (closed Sundays) more effort seems to have been put into fine-tuning the food menu at Loof, rather than the fancy cocktails (another reason why they stand out from Singapore’s other rooftop bars). Flavours stay more-or-less local, with Chili Crab, Sambal Chicken Wings, and Tiger Roast Prawns, while you can go more international with their legendary Ramly Burger or Lamb Rack Lollipops – with most dishes priced well below $20.
As for that happy hour mentioned earlier, it’s called ‘Beat the Clock’ and the concept is simple: from 17:00 house pours and wines are all S$5, and then you just pay a dollar more each hour. Pints start at S$10 which is also quite a rarity too for Singapore. A sensible selection of signature cocktails is in place alongside about 10 classics; again, prices here are all below $20, which, if you’ve ever been to 1-Altitude, you’ll know is very reasonable.
Interior wise, the spacious bar features a nice wooden deck with generous seating options in the way of high bar stools and tables; if you want to get one of the more comfier leather couches then it’s best to arrive earlier rather than later. They also have a DJ most nights and are known to throw the occasional themed party – complete with giveaways, beer pong and a packed dancefloor.
Find Loof Singapore on top of Odeon Towers in between the Civic District and Bugis; the bar is walkable from either Bras Basah, City Hall or Bugis MRT stations.
Loof Rooftop Bar
- Opening Hours: Mon - Thur 17:00 - 01:00, Fri - Sat 17:00 - 02:00 (Closed on Sunday)
- BTS: Bugis or City Hall
- Address: 331 North Bridge Road #03-07 Odeon Towers Extension Rooftop (Opposite Raffles Hotel Shopping Arcade) Singapore 188720
- Tel: +65 (0) 9773 9304