Trace Lounge is one of the latest clubs to set up at Clarke Quay, the epicenter of Singapore’s after-dark action. Located on Magazine Road next to Central Mall and just a few minutes’ walk up the river from Clarke Quay MRT, Trace goes heavy on the EDM and hip hop, with some top notch lighting effects (we love the lasers) and sound system to match.
Following the trend of many big clubs in Singapore, Trace is only open for three nights of the week: Wednesday, Friday and Saturday. Expect hip hop for their lady’s night on Wednesday, while the weekend is all about the hands-in-the air EDM which continues until 04:00.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
Opened in June 2015, it’s fair to say that Trace Lounge has a long way to go to establish its name alongside the likes of Zouk, Attica and Canvas (Home Club), all of which have steadily won the local, expat and tourist crowd looking to party hard in Singapore.
The good news is that Trace has obviously enjoyed considerable investment. Firstly, the lighting system is about the best we’ve seen anywhere in Singapore, with the green ceiling-to-floor laser beams standing out as the most impressive feature. Spotlights and more lasers are projected from behind the DJ booth, and the supped-up sound system does justice to the non-stop EDM drops on the weekend.
Drinks wise, think any other mainstream club in Singapore. This means beer and mixers around $20, while the look-at-me drink of choice – Champagne - with sparklers stuffed in the top for good measure - will probably set you back a few hundred bucks. Our advice is to spilt a bottle between friends, or if you’re a girl, just go on a Wednesday take advantage of the free flow drinks. Cover charge on the weekend is $20-30.
Find Trace Club a few minutes walk north from Clarke Quay MRT on Magazine Road next to the Clemenceau Avenue Bridge.
- Opening Hours: Wed 22:00-03:00; Fri/Sat 22:00-03:00 or 04:00
- MRT: Clarke Quay
- Address: Trace Lounge, #01-03 5 Magazine Road
- Tel: +65(0)6443 4500