Singapore’s Chinatown Street Market is one of the city’s most popular spots to visit. The shops and stalls in this bustling downtown area cover whole streets, including Pagoda Street, Trengganu Street, Sago Lane, Smith Street, and Temple Street.
The sights and sounds of the street market are exactly what visitors expect of Chinatown, with hundreds of stalls selling everything from clothing to homeware, technology to handicrafts.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
What to Buy at Singapore Chinatown Street Market
It should come as no surprise that many of the stalls sell similar types of souvenirs. These range from somewhat tacky silk robes and waving lucky cats to some impressive lacquerware and handmade fans with calligraphy drawn on them. Remember to haggle with a smile if you want the best price.
There’s also a fantastic range of street food carts among the shopping, with fresh dim sum and crispy duck. For the best range of street eats, head to the designated Food Street on Smith Street.
The market is mostly open during the day from around 10am, but it's most picturesque at dusk, with the lights shining brightly and the sound of hawkers tempting you to check out their wares. Just strolling the evening streets is a wonderful experience. The colonial architecture, coupled with the hanging red lanterns, is an unmistakable snapshot of Singaporean culture.
The market starts to wind down around 8 and 9pm, but some stalls stay open a little later, particularly those selling snacks and drinks.
Chinatown Street Market
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9.30am to 8pm
- Location: Pagoda Street and Trengganu Street, Singapore 050005