Holland Village and the nearby Holland Road, Holland Avenue, Holland Close and Holland Drive, got its name from Hugh Holland in 1907, an early resident in Singapore who was an architect and an amateur actor. Over the years, it has evolved into what has been dubbed the “bohemian enclave” of Singapore. Popular with expatriates and the young generation, the village is surrounded by tall residential apartments. There is even a static windmill planted in the centre of the village. The shops here represent the old and the new, funky and traditional, quirky and ordinary.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
Mingle with local residents sipping coffee at the traditional kopi-tiam (local coffee shops) or watch the world go by in the alfresco Coffee Bean cafe. From 18:00 onwards, the street takes on a nocturnal vivacity of its own as diners start patronising the many restaurants there. At the open market, you will find made-in-Asia wearables, trinkets and Crocs footwear.
In the air-conditioned comfort of the Holland Village Shopping Centre are some fantastic finds from all over Asia – arts & crafts, carpets, antiques, fashions and footwear for large sizes, optical wear, home furnishings and more. The key newsstand in the Village carries newspapers and publications from the main financial capitals of the world.
Lim's Arts & Living stocks exotic home wear, furnishings and accessories. It's definitely worth a visit if you are looking for Asian influenced gift ideas. For brilliant framing artistry and framed gift ideas, visit Framing Angie Art Gallery. Take home a piece of your Chinese zodiac sign in an ornate frame!
The nearest MRT station is Buona Vista and from there, board SBS Transit 200.
Shopping hours are generally 10:30 - 21:00
- Address: Holland Road Shopping Centre 211 Holland Ave, Singapore 278967