Cheap bars in Singapore are not so easy to come by; this is a city that’s not exactly renowned for its cheap drinks and budget-friendly party scene. However, drinking in Singapore on a budget is possible, and with a range of bars, pubs and clubs geared more towards the backpacker market you can make that Singapore dollar go a lot further.
These cheap bars in Singapore all bring something different to the table, as well as affordable drinks prices. Some offer low-cost house pours (from S$5) all day, every day, whilst others run tantalising promotions and happy hours. Read on to discover where to go and what you’ll be paying.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
Forget limited happy hours that force you to strategically plan your arrival time and struggle to get served amid the crowds of other drinkers thirsty for a discounted booze.
Fives Izakaya bar – or just ‘Fives’ as it's affectionately known – offers house pours (small glass of beer, wine or spirit/mixer) from $5, no matter whether you’re the first in the door at midday or last person ordering at midnight. You’ll also pay around $10 for a pint of Asahi (which is about half of what you’d pay in many of the surrounding city-worker bars) and you can get a burger to soak up the booze for $5.95, along with plenty of Japanese snacks – all making this one of favourite cheap bars in Singapore. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from midday to midnight, Saturday from 6pm to midnight (closed Sunday)
- Address: 16 Collyer Quay #01-05B Singapore 049318
- Tel: +65 9826 1049
Loof is not only a great cheap place to drink in Singapore, but it also offers a cool rooftop setting to frugal punters, along with DJ sessions and drinking games! The views from the top of Odeon Towers may be modest, but so are the prices.
Their ‘Beat the Clock’ happy hours offer hours pours and wines at $5 from 5pm, and then you pay a dollar more each hour until 8pm when the prices freeze. Pints start at $10 which is also quite a rarity too for Singapore. Weekend beer pong sessions also spice up proceedings, making getting wasted after work or a day of sightseeing all the more fun. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 5pm to 1am, Friday–Saturday from 5pm to 2am (closed on Sundays)
- Address: 331 North Bridge Road #03-07 Odeon Towers Extension Rooftop (Opposite Raffles Hotel Shopping Arcade) Singapore 188720
- Tel: +65 9773 9304
Ice-Cold B’s @ SMU
Ice-Cold B’s Bar proves hugely popular with the student crowd from Lee Kong Chian School of Business and surrounding colleges, which can only mean one thing: cheap beer!
Pints of Stella go for as little as $9, and you’ll pay about $1 more for Hoegaarden and jugs for sharing going for just over $20. This retro-American style diner and bar also lays on cheap comfort food and bar snacks and has a pool table for some tipsy cueing with your friends or anyone who wants to play.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 11am to midnight, Friday–Saturday from 11am to 1am, Sunday from 4pm to midnight
- Address: #01-01 Lee Kong Chian School Of Business, 50 Stamford Road, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6837 3585
The Good Beer CompanyChinatown
Ditch the stereotype that drinking in Singapore is reserved only for the wealthy and well-dressed at the scruffy Good Beer Company, located in Chinatown Complex hawker centre.
You’re more likely to see uncles drinking with their buddies alongside broke backpackers, rather than the city crowd who like to frequent the nearby CBD bars down the road. The Good Beer Company specialises in a whole host of imported beers and ciders, which usually means there is a hefty price tag. However, beers here start from just $6 (up to around $14), making this one of the cheapest bars in Singapore. You can also grab yourself some hawker food from one of the nearby stalls to complete your fun yet frugal evening out.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6pm to 11pm
- Address: 335 Smith Street, Chinatown Complex #02-58
- Tel: +65 9430 2750
Mr Punch Restaurant and Wine Bar
Another rooftop bar to make our list of cheap bars in Singapore is the Mr Punch Restaurant and Wine Bar, which sits at the top of the interesting (but usually ignored) Mint Museum of Toys on Seah Street. Walls are plaster in old-school art and advertisements and there’s a refreshing breeze on most days that sweeps through the wooden clad bar area. However, the main draw of this lofty spot is the range of drinks promos.
It’s ‘Punch Hour’ every day from 6pm to 9pm (and all night long on Mondays) with pints of Heineken and Guinness at starting at $11, Tuesdays are buy-one-get-one-free on Martinis all night, and Saturday you can get a pint of Erdinger for $12 and shooters for $5 all day. Don’t forget to check out the Toy Museum below before your drinks (or after to make it more fun).
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 6pm to 2am, Saturday–Sunday from 6pm to 3am
- Address: Rooftop Mint Museum of Toys, 26 Seah St. Singapore
- Tel: +65 6339 6266
Prince of Wales Backpacker Pub
Little India’s legendary Prince of Wales Pub has become famous as a budget travellers’ hangout with its reasonably priced drinks, live music and drinking games. Expect the crowd to be made up of 90% backpackers, who take full advantage of the cheap beers and shots into the early hours.
Standard pints and cocktails around $12-15, which aren’t the cheapest in Singapore, but they do have an ever-changing list of promos combined with food where you can grab pretty good deals. The best bet is just rock up in your flip flops and shorts and ask what’s on offer. Prince of Wales also has a slightly less scruffy (and less lively) hostel and bar at Boat Quay, but this Little India location remains our favourite with its care-free vibes and live music at the weekend.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to late
- Address: 101 Dunlop Street, Little India
- Tel: +65 6299 0130
Standing Sushi Bar
Standing sushi bar is one of the cheapest places to eat and drink in Singapore...if you go in the evening from Monday to Thursday. This Tokyo-inspired joint at the popular Singapore art museum has small $2 sake and $5 beer/wine every weeknight and there are also some bargains to be had on their food.
Away from the drinks, the bar offers $3 salmon sashimi (Mondays and Thursdays) and half-price deals (Tuesday and Wednesday) on certain sushi rolls. You can find the main venue at the Singapore Art Museum or find 2 other outlets at Orchard Central and Marina Bay Link Mall.
- Opening Hours: Daily from midday to 2.30pm and 6pm to 10.30pm
- Address: Unit 01-03 Singapore Art Museum, 8 Queen St, Singapore 188535
- Tel: +65 6333 1335