Nightlife in Chinatown Singapore tends to offer something a little more alternative compared to the city's more well-known party destinations. Most of the bars and clubs in this area fall into the 'quirky', 'compact' and 'independent' categories, attracting mixed crowds who are looking for somewhere to unwind and have fun at the end of the day.
Chinatown Singapore is a neighbourhood filled with shophouses and narrow lanes, with Ann Siang Hill and Club Street a popular party spot thanks to the many bars, clubs and restaurants you can find here. If you’re looking for something a little more traditional, then head to Pagoda Street and the roads that surround it after dark. Here, lanterns glow red, sellers display a range of ‘Made in China’ goods and you can enjoy some of the best street food in the city.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
Classic ‘dinner and a movie’ nights out take on a whole new meaning at Screening Room in Singapore, because here the house chef pairs the menu with the film. The open-air rooftop is a beautiful spot for after-screening drinks offering great views over the Temple of the Tooth and Club Street.
Screening Room is easy to find, around a 10-minute walk from the MRT at Chinatown. The bar area is quite small and can get busy, so if you are coming with a group it is probably best to book ahead. On weekends DJs play some up-tempo tunes and the lounge takes on a more party atmosphere. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Movie screenings Monday–Thursday from 7pm and from 9.30pm, Friday–Saturday from 8.30pm. Rooftop Monday–Thursday from 5.30pm until late, Friday–Saturday from 5pm until late
- Location: 12 Ann Siang Rd, #03-00, Singapore 069692, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6532 3357
Pagoda Street, Trengganu Street, Sago Lane, Smith Street and Temple Street are the main streets that encapsulate all the sights and sounds that you can expect of Chinatown. It has hundreds of stalls selling everything from silk robes to lucky cats.
There’s also a fantastic range of street food carts amongst the shopping, with fresh dim sum and crispy duck. Remember to haggle with a smile if you want the best price. The market is open during the day, but it looks its most picturesque at dusk, with the lights shining brightly and the sound of hawkers tempting you to check out their wares. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 11pm
- Location: 335 Smith Street, Chinatown, Singapore
This street best represents nightlife in Singapore Chinatown. This small road only runs for about 200 metres but it is right at the heart of Singapore’s indie bar revival.
At the weekend this road and those nearby are closed to cars, making it one of our top picks for partying. The customers spill out onto the pavements and sometimes into the street itself, and you can hop from restaurant to bar to club, checking out some of the best mixologists, bar snacks and DJs in Singapore. It starts to get busy from 9pm and is still buzzing at last orders at about 2am. Read More...
- Location: Ann Siang Road, Chinatown, Singapore 069692, Singapore
This experimental cocktail bar on Duxton Hill transports you to another world thanks to the amazing display of glass bottles that hang from the ceiling, which have a slightly Alice in Wonderland feel to them. There’s plenty of comfortable bistro style seating here, and the friendly face behind the bar is one of the city’s top mixologists who creates out of this world cocktails.
The Jolly Green Giant is a blend of gin and peas and the sweet, sour and bitter blend of vermouth and Champagne make Friend of the Night one of our favourite tipples here. If you want something original feel free to challenge the barman; he really knows his stuff. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from midday to midnight, Saturday from 6pm to midnight (closed on Sundays)
- Address: 38 Tanjong Pagar Road, Singapore 088461, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6475 2217