Nightlife in Clarke Quay and Riverside presents some of Singapore's top bars, restaurants, and nightclubs in a vibrant after-dark playground. As soon as the working day is over, Clarke Quay is the buzz word on everybody’s lips. Lying in close proximity to the Central Business District, this cute collection of bars and restaurants is Singapore’s go-to area for chilled out alfresco wining and dining.
The colourful intertwining boulevards are perfect for bar hopping on any night of the week, and there’s also a good helping of all-out nightclubs for those that want to keep the party going well into the morning. Food, drink and partying are what this area specialises in. Most of the best nightlife spots in Clarke Quay and Riverside are a short walk from Clarke Quay MRT Station.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
Serious about your dance music? Then you should probably take note of Zouk, Singapore’s first real super club. It's always been at the forefront of the nightlife scene in the country, welcoming pioneering local DJs, as well as big-hitting international names like David Guetta, The Chemical Brothers and Tiesto.
You’ll find a mixed crowd, most of whom couldn’t care less about the price of your brand of vodka, but rather who’s on the night’s line-up. The venue is comprised of various interconnecting clubs and zones allowing revellers to switch areas with ease (most just refer to the whole complex as ‘Zouk’). The massive converted warehouse-club can be found upriver from Clarke Quay on Jiak Kim Street. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Wednesday and Friday from 10pm to 3am, Thursday from 10pm to 2am, Saturday from 10am to 4am (closed Sunday–Tuesday)
- Location: 3C River Valley Road, The Cannery, Singapore 179022, Singapore
- Address: +65 6738 2988
The Chupitos Bar
Those with even the most basic grasp of Spanish will know what The Chupitos Bar is all about: shots, shots and more shots! Just don’t expect the miniature glasses of liquor to be served in any ordinary fashion. Many of the shooters come with their own themed trick or gimmick, often with fire or funny props involved in the process.
Some shots are delightfully exotic (lychee martini), some are a bit disgusting (liquid steak), and others are just downright dangerous – gas chamber, absinth trilogy and torture bong, among others. It’s lots of fun and a great place to impress your friends, but probably not the best bar to spend an entire evening; with shots starting at S$12, both your wallet and your stomach won’t thank you in the morning.
- Opening Hours: Sunday–Tuesday and Thursday from 5.30pm to 1.30am, Wednesday and Friday–Saturday from 6.30pm to 3.30am
- Location: 3B River Valley Road, Clarke Quay, #01-05, Singapore 179021, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6333 4513
The Crazy Elephant
The Crazy Elephant in Clark Quay throws class and sophistication right out the window, replacing it instead with a nightly dose of quality live rock music and a non-pretentious, casual atmosphere. Nestled alongside lines of swanky new ‘boutique’ and ‘bistro’ bars on the Clarke Quay riverfront, The Crazy Elephant stands out with its scruffy graffiti-lined walls and long-haired rockers nodding away to the blues and classic rock bands until the early hours.
Drinks are reasonably priced too; at just over S$10 for a beer, this is one of the cheapest spots in the area. Arrive before the music starts (around 10pm) to grab a good spot, and don’t forget to bring your air guitar.
- Opening Hours: Monday from 5pm to 1am, Tuesday–Thursday from 5pm to 2am, Friday–Sunday from 5pm to 3am
- Location: 3E River Valley Rd, #01-03/04, Singapore 179024, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6337 7859
Love it or hate it, Attica is up there with Singapore’s most popular clubs. Easily reachable on Clarke Quay’s waterfront, Attica epitomises a certain type of Singapore venue, one in which fashionistas come to look pretty, chart-friendly tunes appease the masses, and young professionals let their money do most of the talking.
To give credit where it’s due, Attica’s recently revamped interior certainly looks the part, and they do occasionally play host to some international names like Paul Oakenfold. It’s huge too, and with four different areas, you can easily switch to the more underground-feeling hip-hop, house and electronic zones if you get bored with the party pop soundtrack in the main room. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Thursday from 10.30am to 3.30am, Friday–Saturday from 10.30pm to 4.30am
- Location: 3A River Valley Road #02-05 Clarke Quay, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6333 9973
G-Max Reverse Bungy
As long as you’re not afraid of heights, G-Max Reverse Bungy is a great alternative to Clarke Quay’s usual activities of eating and drinking at the many picturesque waterside bars or restaurants. This is Singapore’s first ever bungy and offers some great views of the city as well as an adrenaline fix to satisfy even the biggest of thrill seekers.
The daredevils that try it out (or just those who have plucked up enough Dutch courage at a nearby bar) are launched skywards at 200 km/h to a height of 60 metres. Although open from 5pm every day, G-Max is best enjoyed when the sun goes down and the city is lit up in spectacular fashion.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm until late
- Location: 3 River Valley Rd, Clarke Quay, Singapore 179024, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6338 1766
Shuffle Bistro Bar
This spacious pub/restaurant is a good bet for groups or couples looking for a more chilled out venue with no shocks when the bill arrives at the end. Shuffle Bistro Bar boasts 150 seats, meaning the common Clarke Quay predicament of limited seating space at peak times is not so much of a problem here.
They also serve up a tasty menu, mostly comprised of comfort food like chicken wings, pizzas and burgers - all coming in at a very reasonable S$10-15. At the back, there’s a small stage welcoming local bands who play a mix of Chinese classics and chart covers – not exactly rocking the place like other Clarke Quay joints but certainly creating a more relaxed vibe that many people prefer.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Tuesday from 6pm to midnight, Wednesday–Thursday from 6pm to 1am, Friday–Saturday from 6pm to 3am (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 3D River Valley Road, #02-03, Clarke Quay, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6338 9438