Orchard Road has plenty to offer visitors to Singapore, but most of their excellent nightlife spots remain undiscovered by those visiting the city. If you’re staying nearby there’s plenty to do after dark, whether you’re the kind of person who wants to grab your air guitar and get rocking or just looking for the best spots for cocktails and chilled out tunes.
Among the top side streets off Orchard Road is the beautiful Emerald Hill, where you will find a cluster of bars away from the busy shopping street. Hotel bars have upped the game in Orchard Road as well, with posh and stylish spots at the 5-stars that line the street. Our guide shows you where to experience the best nightlife in Orchard Road, with hotspots where you can get a good strong drink, dance the night away, or both.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
Emerald Hill is a great spot to escape to take a break from the giant shopping malls along Orchard Road. It's also one of the most attractive streets in the city. You can find Emerald Hill just behind Orchard Central. The main reason to take a quick walk down this street is that it remains almost frozen in time, with most buildings constructed between 1900 and 1920.
The best time to come is in the evening for drinks. Our favourite stop on the street has to be No. 5, which stays open past midnight. This cocktail bar has generous pours and a martini happy hour which usually runs from 8pm to 1am, and there’s a good selection of bottled and tap beers, as well as snacks if you are looking to hunker down for the evening. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from midday to 2am, Fridays and Saturdays from midday to 3am, Sundays from 2pm to 2am
- Location: 5 Emerald Hill Road, Singapore 229289, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6732 0818
Alley Bar Singapore
Alley Bar is too popular to be called a secret, but it has managed to keep its hidden vibe thanks in part to its location down a small lane just off Orchard Road. It’s got a distinctive look: high ceilings, and L-shaped bar and great value drinks and good offers on beers, wine and house pours.
It’s usually easy to get a seat here, but as the evening wears on the bar gets busier, and by closing time the music is blaring and there’s a party atmosphere. Music is loud enough to dance, but there are still plenty of quieter corners if you just fancy a drink and a chat.
- Opening Hours: Sunday–Thursday from 5pm to 2am, Friday and Saturday from 5pm to 3am
- Location: 180 Orchard Road, Peranakan Place, Singapore 238846, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6738 8818
Brix is a basement bar in the Grand Hyatt Hotel on Scotts Road, which lives up to its name: the rustic red brick walls are a large part of the design. The bar is smart and friendly, with plenty of space to sit, including private booths and seating along the bar. Entry costs S$10 and the bar usually opens at 9pm.
The band is the main draw for most of the crowd, who mostly turn up around 11pm. It’s suitable for those who like to dance as well as those who want to chill with an excellent whisky or wine.
- Opening Hours: Sunday–Wednesday from 9pm to 3am, Thursday–Saturday from 9pm to 4am
- Location: 10 Scotts Rd, Grand Hyatt Singapore, Singapore 228211, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6738 1234
Hard Rock Café
Hard Rock Café Singapore really doesn’t need much of an introduction. Established in 1990, it’s the home of rock and platters of American food. Open until late, the staff and crowd are extremely friendly, and a good time is nothing less than guaranteed. Every night a live band plays, sometimes locals, sometimes international bands who are travelling around the region.
When there isn’t a band on stage, the American tunes are still booming loud enough to make it a party. Even if you are not an ultimate rock and roll fan it’s still worth checking out as the bar has some large sports screens that show the biggest football games, with great deals on beers and house pours during the match.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 3am
- Location: 50 Cuscaden Road, HPL House, Singapore 249724, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6235 5232
KPO Cafe Bar
KPO is so named as it’s located between the junctions of Killiney, Penang, and Orchard Roads. The design, place, architecture and everything else within KPO reflect their philosophy of life. In addition, touches of modern flair create a rather natural urban landmark that plays a double act – like a post office and an all-day café bar and this makes it a perfect spot for breakfast meetings or late-night cosy get-togethers.
On Saturday nights the bar stays open until 2am and from 8pm the resident DJ plays the best classic and modern dance tracks to get the party going. During the week there are happy hour offers, and Wednesdays bring special deals for the girls. Check with the bar staff for the latest offers.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 3pm to 1am, Friday from 3pm to 2am, Saturday from 6pm to 2am
- Location: 1 Killiney Road Killiney Road Post Office, Killiney Road Post Office, Singapore 239518, Singapore
- Tel: +65 8339 5368
Horse’s Mouth is in the basement of the Forum Shopping Mall. You need to go through Uma Uma Ramen at 01-41. It’s always rather strange to find a bar in a shopping mall, but once you step behind the curtain and down the stairs, you will forget all about the consumer heaven above. This bar is dark and moody, inspired by drinking dens in Japan. It’s sleek and modern, with colourful displays and dark wood.
There’s a good selection of drinks, including signature cocktails made by the cheery bartender, who really knows his spirits. For something simple and strong go for your pick of the sake or whiskies, the selection is impressive and the quality excellent. Although the place looks like a drinking den you can come early to sample their excellent ramen noodles, perfect for lining your stomach before you hit the bar.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 6pm to midnight, Friday–Saturday from 6pm to 1am
- Location: #B1-39 Forum The Shopping Mall, 583 Orchard Road, Singapore 238884, Singapore
- Tel: +65 8188 0900
Martini Bar at Mezza9
Martini Bar is a great place in the city to go to for martinis. It is part of Mezza9 restaurant at Grand Hyatt Singapore. The menu runs to 30 different options, starting at S$19, with unusual varieties created just for this bar. House signatures include the fruity lychee martini, which brings together a flavour of Asia and more than a hint of sweetness, or the tiramisu martini, with a coffee kick and a dusting of cocoa.
Other fruits make an appearance including coconut, star fruit, passion fruit and dragon fruit. It can be hard to stop at one, but thankfully the bar has a 50% discount during happy hour, with 9 martinis at just US$9 (from 5pm to 9pm). The bar gets busy, especially at weekends, so get here early if you want to grab a seat.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 5pm to midnight, Friday–Saturday from 5pm to 1am, Sunday from 3pm to midnight
- Location: Grand Hyatt Hotel, 10 Scotts Road, Singapore 228211, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6738 1234