Distinguishing between the best restaurants in Clarke Quay and the area’s best nightlife venues is no easy task – purely because many of the restaurants here double up as great bars, pubs, and chill-out spots too. This vibrant riverside location draws thousands daily; a mix of office workers, young professionals, tourists, and families are all enticed by the huge range of drinking and dining options in what is one of Singapore’s prettiest spots.
Our compilation of the best restaurants in Clarke Quay and the Riverside area pretty much sums up the whole of Singapore: food from all corners of the world, venues boasting chic and modern interiors, and price tags to match the impressive quality. Read on to find out which ones have made the cut!
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
Interested in this tour? Book it here.
There are many reasons why we love Little Saigon. Firstly, the restaurant serves up some of the best Vietnamese food around (be sure not to miss their lemongrass-marinated beef tenderloin or melt-in-the-mouth grilled duck breast.) The interior also wins marks in our book too, with plenty of hanging lanterns and sumptuous mood lighting.
Other than that, their bartenders mix a fabulous range of Vietnamese inspired cocktails including their signature ‘Hanoi Martini’ (gin, orange curacao, lemongrass syrup, lime) and the house band plays a lively set of singalong classics without going overboard on the volume levels. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 4pm to 1am, Friday from 4pm to 2am, Saturday from midday to 2am and Sunday from midday to 1am
- Location: Blk E, Clarke Quay #01-02, River Valley Road, Singapore 179024, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6337 5585
Coriander Leaf Bistro
Coriander Leaf Bistro markets itself as Singapore’s ‘new Asian food hub’, and with a menu that spans the entire length and breadth of Asia, it’s no wonder why. From Thailand’s tom yam soup or crab cakes to Vietnam’s signature spring rolls and Japan’s chicken gyoza, this restaurant really is a melting pot of Asian flavours.
The Middle East is not forgotten either, with hummus, falafel and various curries all joining the long list of exotic delights. Unlike some of our other entries, Coriander Leaf Bistro is more of a formal dining experience, with the emphasis firmly on the food.
- Opening Hours: Monday – Friday from midday to 2.30pm, Monday – Saturday from 6pm to 10.30pm (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 30 Victoria Street, #02-01 CHIJMES, 187996, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6837 0142
Red House Seafood at Robertson Quay
This picturesque riverside spot is located at Robertson Quay, just a short stroll upriver from the main Clarke Quay area. Seafood fans are in for a real treat with this one, as Red House does some of the best about, including crab, lobster, shellfish and a variety of fish dishes.
Their flexible dining options cater for all, with guests able to select individual dishes from the a la carte menu or opt for a set lunch or dinner menu for two or more people. The huge dining room-like space with its big round tables is great for larger parties too, and Red House’s impressive set menus for groups of ten or more start at around S$50 per head.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 3pm to 10pm, Saturday–Sunday from midday to 10pm
- Location: #01-14 The Quayside, 60 Robertson Quay, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6735 7666
Hokkaido Santouka Ramen
Hokkaido Santouka Ramen is a noodle chain heralding all the way from the shores of Hokkaido and is one of Singapore’s favourite ramen joints. With a vast portfolio of stores worldwide, Santouka has become synonymous with serving up delicious bowls of those thick yellow noodles in an equally delicious accompanying broth, all at a more than reasonable price.
The Clarke Quay venue is the only one in Singapore and can be conveniently be accessed in Central Mall, meaning there is direct access from Clarke Quay MRT.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 10pm
- Location: 6, Eu Tong Sen Street, #02-76, The CENTRAL, 059817, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6224 0668
Wings Bar takes its name from both the food it serves and the 1940’s aviation theme which is evident throughout. To find this popular American eatery, head to Clarke Quay and look for the replica plane hanging above its entrance (which is actually the largest P-51 Mustang model in Asia), and then follow the replica runway down into the main restaurant area.
As for the food, you’d can’t come to a place with a name like this and not try their speciality; their tantalising variety of sticky chicken wings (as well as ribs) are certainly not to be missed. Wash all that feel-good American food down with a beer and you’ve got yourself an all-round fun, tasty, (and a little gimmicky) dining experience.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to 3am
- Location: Blk 3D River Valley Road, Clarke Quay #01-02 (Near Central Fountain) Singapore 179023, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6333 4460
RedDot BrewHouse at Boat Quay
Despite its name, RedDot BrewHouse is no one-trick pony. With a delightful setting right next to the water at Boat Quay, together with an impressive American/European inspired menu (we recommend signature RedDot burger or one of their premium steaks), this is much more than just a microbrewery.
That said, their array of tasty homemade ales and beers can’t be ignored; if you like your beer rich in flavour, unfiltered, and full of those pungent hoppy and yeasty aromas that usually come with homemade ales – then this is one of the best places to come in the whole of the town.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday and Saturday from midday to midnight, Friday from midday to 2am (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 33/34 Boat Quay, Singapore 049823, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6535 4500
Princess Terrace Cafe
For decades, the Princess Terrace Café at the Copthorne King's Hotel has been serving up one of the best-loved Penang buffets in Singapore. Of course, as with any comprehensive spread of Penang’s finest, you’ll find plenty of Penang laksa, satay chicken, duck mee sua and Penang curries, whilst Nyonya kueh and soya bean curd are served up for afters.
The buffet lunch starts at around S$40 and dinner will cost you about S$10 extra: not bad at all, especially when you consider that you’re dining in a posh hotel at one of the country’s most adored Malaysian feasts.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6am to 10.30am, from 12pm to 2.30pm, and from 6.30pm to 10pm
- Location: 403 Havelock Rd, Singapore 169632, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6318 3168
To taste China’s finest in Singapore, you’d have thought a trip to Chinatown would be your best bet. However, Peony Jade at Clarke Quay certainly gives its Chinatown neighbours a run for their money, with their vast selection of fresh Cantonese treats served up in their equally vast, hall-like setting.
Peony Jade have gone for a “food meets art” concept, with works such as their deep-fried prawns in the creamy yolk, slow-cooked, Cantonese pork soups, and Imperial Swiftlet’s nest all impressing our eyes as much as our taste buds. You can find Peony Jade right at the centre of the main Clarke Quay roofed section of bars and restaurants, just a few minutes’ walks from the main MRT.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 2.30pm and from 6pm to 10.30pm
- Location: 3 River Valley Rd, Singapore 179020, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6338 0305
Boomarang Bistro & Bar
Boomarang Bistro & Bar is an all-day Aussie-style pub and restaurant at the pretty Robertson Quay, just a short walk from Clarke Quay and Chinatown, and specialises in traditional Australian grub and beers. With that in mind, the menu’s emphasis is inevitably heavily on the meat, and highlights include the Wagyu beef burger, peppered Kangaroo loin and lamb rump steak.
Boomarang Bistro & Bar proves popular with both tourists and locals at all hours of the day; they open really early (07:00) for breakfast, serving lunch throughout the day and will always have the big game (be it Aussie rules, football, cricket or rugby) playing on one of their flat screen TVs.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6am to 3am
- Location: 60 Robertson Quay #01-15, The Quayside, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6738 1077