There’s a great selection of restaurants in Orchard Road, which is a relief after all that shopping and when you don’t want to walk very far. Malls make up most of the main street, but there’s plenty of options hidden amongst the shops, from places to grab a hot, great value lunch to some of the best fine-dining venues in Singapore.
There are a couple of popular Singaporean chains that offer Chinese menus with a good variety of dim sum. There are also great dining spots for families such as bright food courts serving food from around the world. Browsing through the dining options in Orchard Road can be an adventure on its own.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
Behind a discreet glass frontage at Shaw Centre on Scott’s Road sits one of Singapore’s most famous and popular restaurants: Les Amis. Serving up an inviting blend of classic and innovative French dishes, the restaurant is also known for an impressive wine list, with an in-house cellar valued at around S$5 million.
Space is intimate with the main dining room seating only 30, but the restaurant also has a private dining room with a glass window that offers a direct view of the kitchen, perfect for a cosy dinner for 6 people. With great attention to detail in the food, wine and service, Les Amis restaurant is the perfect place to visit as a treat, and spending an evening there would be an ideal way to celebrate a special occasion. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Saturday from midday to 2pm and from 7pm to 9.30pm (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 1 Scotts Road #02-16, Shaw Centre, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6733 2225
Din Tai Fung
Din Tai Fung is an Orchard Road staple. Come dinnertime or the weekend, you’re likely to be welcomed with a queue at this Taiwanese stalwart. The xiao long bao (steamed pork dumplings) alone are worth the wait and other stellar dishes include fried rice with shrimps or pork chop, drunken chicken, braised beef noodles, and vegetable and pork wonton soup.
Alongside these steaming plates of deliciousness, order the jasmine tea which comes with as many free refills as you can handle. The restaurant in Hong Kong won a Michelin star, so folk have high expectations and the only thing that disappoints is the length of the queue. Our favourite branch has to be the original at Paragon Centre, where you can watch the team fold dim sum in the glass kitchen.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11.30am to 9.30pm
- Location: Wisma Atria, 435 Orchard Rd, Singapore 238877, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6732 1383
Crystal Jade Golden Palace
The Crystal Jade Group has garnered a reputation for quality Chinese cuisine. Its repertoire includes Teochew, Cantonese, Shanghainese and Hong Kong cuisine, and it is especially favoured for its dim sum. The chain restaurant has 5 branches along Orchard Road, with 2 at Ngee Ann City, and others at Paragon Shopping Centre, The Centrepoint, and Plaza Singapura.
Crystal Jade tends to get busy, and there will most likely be a queue if you go at peak times, so book ahead if you don’t want to wait. Every table has an order pad, so just pick a selection for the table to share. Choices include crispy chicken with mango sauce, asparagus with Chinese yam, Peking duck and fantastic dim sum, including famous versions of Xiao Long Bao and har gow steamed buns.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 10pm
- Location: 290 Orchard Rd, #05-22 Paragon Shopping Centre, Singapore 238859, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6734 6866
Akashi Japanese Restaurant
Regular patrons will agree that the original outlet on Tanglin (formerly at Tanglin Shopping Centre) is the best, but the service and food at the other outlets are still highly commendable. The menu is comprehensive – from fresh sashimi and sushi, well-prepared side dishes (standouts include grilled mackerel, braised pork belly and sweet potato tempura) to soba and udon noodles, and bento sets.
The lunch sets, in particular, are good value for money at less than S$20. This makes the place really popular, but staff are friendly and know their stuff and the food comes quickly, so even if you are in a rush it’s worth checking out.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11.30am to 10pm
- Location: 290 Orchard Rd, #B1-01/02 The Paragon, Singapore 238859, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6735 8887
The 2 outlets of PS.Cafe on Orchard are situated away from the hustle and bustle; the branch at Palais, in particular, is a great refuge from the heat or the hordes. Go for a leisurely brunch or sinful afternoon tea – although the prices are a little high, portions are generous and quality ingredients are used.
The menu features comfort foods such as lasagna, soup and sandwiches as well as Asian-tinged dishes like the tandoori club and miso cod. Be sure to save room for dessert – there’s a wide selection of scrumptious cakes, pies, puddings and crumbles.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 11.30am to 11pm, Saturday–Sunday from 9.30am to 11pm
- Location: 390 Orchard Rd, Level 2 Palais S.C, Singapore 238871, Singapore
- Tel: +65 9834 8232
Iggy’s is well known for its tasty modern food using the best seasonal ingredients, but with lunch starting at around S$100 it’s definitely the place for a treat rather than a quick snack. The food is hard to put into a category: there’s definitely a hint of Asia to the flavours, but it also has dishes that could be described as European and some that fall under the banner of fusion.
The restaurant is inside the Hilton Hotel and frequently appears in Asia’s best restaurant lists. The signature dish is Cappellini pasta with shellfish oil and sakura prawns. The restaurant décor is a little plain, but service is pleasant and there’s plenty happening on the plate to keep you entertained.
- Opening Hours: Tuesday–Saturday from midday to 1.30pm and from 7pm to 9.30pm (closed on Sundays and Mondays)
- Location: Hilton Singapore, 581 Orchard Rd, Level 3, Singapore 238883, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6732 2234
Salt Grill & Sky Bar
Salt Grill is a fine dining restaurant at the 55th-storey rooftop of ION Orchard Mall in Singapore that's famed for its steaks and grilled meats. There’s also a sky bar, with a fine selection of cocktails, connected to the restaurant.
Salt labels itself as an Australian restaurant, but really the menu puts a focus on premium meats and seafood, with some fancy plating to match the fantastic views.
- Opening Hours: Monday - Friday from 11.30am to 1.45pm and from 6pm to 9.45pm, Saturday - Sunday from 11am to 2.30pm and from 6pm to 9.45pm
- Location: 2 Orchard Turn, #55-01 ION Orchard Mall, Singapore 238801, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6592 5118
Marche Mövenpick at the 313@somerset Mall is the place to go if you're craving for European fare or the Swiss favourite, rösti. This popular market-style food court has a popular branch on Orchard Road, among other branches throughout Singapore.
Besides the rösti station, other popular stalls include pasta, pizza, savoury and sweet crepes, rotisserie and, of course, dessert. Marché is great for families or big groups that can’t agree on one type of food.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 11am to 11pm, Saturday–Sunday from 10am to midnight
- Location: 313 Orchard Rd, #01, Level 1 Discover Walk, Singapore 238895, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6834 4041
Ippudo is the place where Japanese ramen lovers can rejoice. This famous outfit from Japan opened its doors at the Mandarin Gallery on Orchard Road. Among the many other branches are at Shaw Centre and Marina Bay Sands.
Particularly popular with the after-work crowd, most come for the hearty ramen in tonkatsu broth – choose from three original recipes and add a variety of toppings such as egg, char siu pork, spring onion, nori and red pickled ginger. Desserts like the cherry blossom ice-cream and frozen sake sherbet are also worth trying.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 11am to 11pm
- Location: 333A Orchard Rd #04-02 to 04, 238897, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6235 2797
Taste Paradise at ION Orchard
Taste Paradise at the ION Orchard mall on Orchard Road features exquisitely prepared creations with a touch of sophistication. Some of these creations include crisp-fried tofu dipped in black truffle sauce and pan-seared foie gras with Peking Duck reduction.
Some of the special offerings at Taste Paradise feature the innovations of traditional Cantonese cuisine infused with modern twists. Last but not least, there's Taste Paradise’s famous XO carrot cake which has won top praise from a good number of food reviews.
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from 11amto 3pm and from 6pm to 11pm, Saturday–Sunday from 11am to 4.30pm and from 6pm to 11pm
- Location: 2 Orchard Turn, #04-07 ION Orchard, Singapore 238801, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6509 9660