Shopping in Little India is not exactly your run-of-the-mill retail experience. Singapore’s general shopping scene is usually associated with futuristic megamalls stocked with designer brands, but Little India presents a very different story. From 24-hour shopping centres to bustling markets and street stalls, the range of shopping in this vibrant Singapore neighbourhood is just as diverse as its people, culture and food.
Little India’s main strip, Serangoon Road is lined with jewellery shops, traditional Indian tailors, everything-must-go fashion outlets, fresh produce stalls, Chinese liquor stores, and long-running curry houses. The best time to go shopping in Little India is in the morning or evening, as it can get rather hot during midday (especially if you’re not carrying an umbrella).
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
Mustafa Centre is a 24-hour shopping mall that offers designer products at low prices. Shopping at this mall is akin to shopping at an indoor market – narrow aisles jam-packed with all manner of products.
Sure, it’s messy, a little disorganised, and packed every day, but if you come in search of a specific item you can’t find anywhere else in town, you might just find an entire aisle dedicated to it at Mustafa Centre. Read More...
- Opening Hours: 24/7
- Address: 145 Syed Alwi Road, Singapore 207704
- Tel: +65 6295 5855
Sim Lim Square, located 500 metres west of the Little India MRT station, is one of the largest IT malls in Singapore. The 6-storey complex has around 200 stores selling computers, cameras, phones, gadgets, TVs, and audio equipment.
Prices are rather affordable – even more so if you try your hand at a spot of bargaining – and the choices are inevitably vast. If you get bored of the gauntlet of gadgets, there are a few decent restaurants and cafes where you make an escape to. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 9.30am to 8pm
- Address: 1 Rochor Canal Road, Singapore 188504
- Tel: +65 6338 3859
Tekka Food Centre is known for its rows of hawker stalls, a wet market (on the ground floor) and variety of cheap clothing stalls. The yellow and orange complex has some excellent prices if you want to buy fresh produce in bulk, or are looking for some quality fabrics or materials.
After shopping, head over to the food court area for a wide range of delicious dishes, from curry-canteens to Chinese hawker stalls, and traditional Malay snack-stalls to cheap Singapore noodle stands. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6.30am to 9pm (hours vary by shop)
- Address: 665 Buffalo Road, Singapore 210665
City Square Mall
City Square Mall is an eco-mall integrated with an expansive urban park. Directly connected to Farrer Park MRT Station, it spans 9 levels of retail and entertainment spaces. There are over 200 stores to browse, including high street clothes stores, electronic brands, and jewellery shops. Like most shopping malls, you’ll find a cinema, games arcade centre, and a wide range of restaurants, cafes, and fast-food chains.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 10pm
- Address: 180 Kitchener Road, Singapore 208539
- Tel: +65 6595 6565
Little India Arcade
Find a colourful array of converted shophouses on Serangoon Road, right in the centre of Little India. The compact series of meandering alleyways present a nice selection of stores, selling traditional Indian dresses, dried herbs and spices, flamboyant accessories, colourful artwork, aromatic incense and sweet shops. You can also try your hand at bargaining on some of the fresh food (if buying in bulk), or get a discount on some electrical items on sale.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 10am to 10pm (hours vary by shop)
- Address: 48 Serangoon Road, #02-07, Singapore 217959
Chandna Mart is a long running alcohol/traditional medicine shop on Serangoon Road, about 250 metres northwest of Sri Veeramakaliamman Temple. It stocks bottles of exotic wine, liquor, and spirits from various parts of the world, most of which are sold at bargain-bin prices The Chinese owners are always happy to guide you in the right direction of what you’re looking for.
- Address: 230 Serangoon Road, Singapore 218081
- Tel: +65 6293 7944