The best bars in Singapore are all shining examples of why the country’s ever-popular nightlife scene is booming. With thousands of drinking spots in Singapore to choose from, the task of whittling the list down the list to just 10 entries was no easy task, so we came up with a strict checklist.
When we go for an evening tipple, high up on our criteria is the quality of drinks on offer, be it inventive cocktails, tasty beers or quality wine. We also had a very unofficial scoring system based on location, views, prices, ambiance and decor. Find the best bars in Singapore below!
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
After a move to Tanjong Pangar Road, the Tippling Club came to the world’s attention after being placed in the top 25 restaurants in Asia by San Pellegrino. As well as serving up some of the most inventive food you’ll find in the whole of Singapore, the airy converted shop house also does some incredible cocktails at their adjacent bar.
Prices are steep, but after one sip you’ll realise why. Try their signature Jolly Green Giant (Plymouth gin, Luxardo maraschino, pea puree, citrus, agave), the sophisticated Friend Of The Night (Bianco Mancino vermouth, bitters, citrus, bubbles) or Purple Drank (vanilla & raisin spirit, curacao, candy gomme, raspberry, citrus) which comes served in a homemade medicine bottle. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Friday from midday to midnight, Saturday from 6pm to midnight (closed on Sundays)
- Location: 38 Tanjong Pagar Rd, Singapore 088461
- Tel: +65 6475 2217
A highlight of Singapore’s thriving cocktail bar scene is the Anti:dote, located at the Fairmont hotel. Critically acclaimed mixologist, Tom Hogen, crafts combinations that impress no end, including Asian inspired ‘Tonic’ which uses lemongrass, ginger and rum, as well as ‘the treat of kings’ giving our taste buds a real kick with its sourness.
The drinks here start at a slightly pricey S$20, but don’t forget you’re sitting in the middle of a 5-star hotel in Singapore. We also love their cushioned bus-stop style seating, which brings all the social benefits of standing up, whilst giving that extra bit of support for tired legs. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to 2am
- Location: Level 1, 80 Bras Basah Road, Fairmont Singapore
- Tel: +65(0) 6431 5315
Amongst the giant shopping malls along Orchard Road is one of the most attractive streets in the city: Emerald Hill, and our favourite bars on this quaint little road is No. 5 Emerald Hill, named after its address. As well as a picturesque outside terrace, the cosy bar area is decked out in warm wooden decor and we love how light floods into the place through the roof. As well as a quality selection of cocktails, No 5 Emerald Hill has a great martini happy hour which runs from 21:00 until 01:00, and there’s a good range of bottled and tap beers, as well as snacks if you are looking for an evening fill. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from midday to 2am, Friday–Saturday midday to 3am, Sunday from 5pm to 2am
- Location: 5 Emerald Hill Rd, Singapore 229289
- Tel: +65 6732 0818
Kampong Glam’s Bar Stories, despite its simple interior and limited seating, has become one of Singapore’s most talked about cocktail bars with its inventive and playful range of cocktails. There’s no real drinks menu here, with the talented team of mixologists asking you what kind of flavours you fancy and then providing their own recommendations.
They’ll also happily whip you up any requests that you have, and there’s also a selection of beers, wines and Champagne by the bottle. The second floor space fills up every day after work, with a trendy crowd spilling in from Haji Lane outside, one of the city’s coolest (and narrowest) shopping and nightlife roads.
- Opening Hours: Sunday–Thursday from 4pm to 1am, Friday–Saturday from 4pm to 2am
- Location: 57A Haji Lane, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6298 0838
Some locals might dismiss the popular The Pump Room in Clarke Quay as being an over-commercialised tourist trap, but the undeniably fun atmosphere you’ll find here pretty much every night is sure to persuade you otherwise. The live band play chart and rock covers, with drunken dancing starting around 9pm; earlier than pretty much anywhere else in the country.
The place is big too, meaning you can always find a secluded booth at the back if you want to have a conversation. Drinks-wise, there’s a tasty selection in in-house brews to choose from, alongside a mammoth list of other beers, wines, spirits and cocktails. Entrance is free for all but you should expect to pay $1-$2 more per drink than the more local bars in Singapore. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Daily from 3pm to 2am (open until 3am on Thursday and 4am on Friday)
- Location: #01-09/10 Blk. B Clarke Quay, 3 River Valley Road, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6334 2628
This all-in-one venue in the heart of Chinatown features an independent cinema, restaurant, lounge and rooftop bar. You can make a full night of it and go for their restaurant-movie-bar combo, or just stop by for the chilled-out vibes and substantial range of cocktails on the swanky rooftop, where resident DJs spin everything from R&B, hip hop, soul and funk, and the lounge takes on more of a party atmosphere as the night wears on.
The third-floor mini movie theatre features comfy sofas, a large screen and a private bar where you can order drinks or their house speciality, the herbed popcorn, whilst the downstairs restaurant is all about the Middle-Eastern flavours. Find the large building on Chinatown’s ever hip and happening Ann Siang Road. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 6pm to 1am, Friday–Saturday from 5pm to 3am (closed on Sundays)
- Location: The Screening Room, 12 Ann Siang Road, Singapore 069692
- Tel: +65 6221 1694
The highest venue to make our list of best bars in Singapore is the ever-impressive LeVel 33, which wins us over every time we visit with its range of in-house brews, feel-good finger food and stunning views of the Marina Bay.
LeVel 33 is actually the highest microbrewery in the world, 33 floors up, and they even have their own brewmaster heralding from Argentina to talk you through the range of beers. If you’re not sure which to pick, go for their sample set (6 test tubes of each of their signature beers) and then order your favourite in either half or full pint form. Find Level33 rooftop bar by taking their dedicated lift up to the 33rd floor at the Marina Bay Financial Centre (MBFC) Tower 1, a short walk from Raffles Place MRT. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 11.30am to midnight, Friday–Saturday from 11.30 to 2am, Sunday from midday to midnight
- Address: 8 Marina Boulevard #33-01, Marina Bay Financial Centre
- Tel: +65 (0) 6834 3133
W Hotels around the world are known for their stylish ‘Woobars’ and the one at W Singapore Sentosa Cove is particularly eye-catching. The blue-on-white theme makes a refreshing change to your traditional stuffy hotel lobby bar, and seating is also delightfully playful with dangling birdcages for couples to perch with a cocktail in-hand.
You can also venture outside and enjoy the sea breezes, or head along the illuminated walkway over the hotel’s big pool as the sun goes down. A line-up of quality live DJs further sets the party mood, playing laidback house, hip hop and lounge. The bar is open for both hotel guests and no hotels guests, with cocktails starting from S$20. Read More...
- Opening Hours: Monday–Thursday from 8am to 11pm, Friday–Sunday from 8am to 1am
- Location: W Singapore Sentosa Cove, 21 Ocean Way (Sentosa Cove) Singapore
- Tel: +65(0) 6808-7258