Live music in Singapore is not something that the city-state is famous for. That said, if you look hard enough, there are a handful of live music bars that are well worth a visit. Sometimes you’ll stumble across a venue on a night out that has a live band playing or acoustic singer, but there’s no guaranteeing the quality of the act, or whether it’s to your taste or not. However, with these picks, you’re sure to be in for a great night with some of the best jazz, blues, rock, pop and even Latin music around town.
- Singapore Zoo Admission with Roundtrip Transfer
- Singapore Zoo & River Safari with Transfer
- Singapore F1 Street Circuit Driving Experience
- Adventure Cove Waterpark™ 1-Day Pass with Hotel Pickup
- Jungle Breakfast with Orangutans at Singapore Zoo
- Skip-the-Line: Night Safari Admission with Transfer
- Gardens by the Bay, Marina Bay Sands & River Cruise Tour
- Chinatown at Night with Dinner & Cruise
- Singapore Zoo Admission
- Gardens by the Bay Admission
The Crazy Elephant
With its almost legendary-like status, The Crazy Elephant is the go-to for both rock fans as well as the passing crowds at Clarke Quay who are enticed in by the great live music here every night. The Crazy Elephant stands out from the rest of the area’s more polished joints with its scruffy graffiti-lined walls and no-frills furnishings, letting the music take centre stage rather than anything else.
The alternating bands start at around 10pm every night and you can expect rock music with every sub-genre under that. Drinks are reasonably priced too; at just over S$10 for a beer, this is one of the cheapest spots to drink at in Clarke Quay, as well as probably being the best live music bar in Singapore.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 5pm to 3am
- Location: 3E River Valley Road, Clarke Quay, Singapore
- Tel: +65 6337 7859
Cuba Libre Cafe & Bar
Singaporeans and expats might be a little too quick to dismiss Cuba Libre as just another tourist bar at Clarke Quay, but when it comes to live music and feel-good vibes, this lively bar wins top marks in our book. Yes, you won’t find too many locals here, but that’s all but irrelevant with cosy venue jumping every night (apart from Sunday) with their excellent house bands who play Cuban hits and some particularly fun Latino infused covers of pop songs.
The dancing starts at around 10pm. Don’t miss your chance to try the signature Mojitos – highly recommended despite the $S24 price. Come between 6pm and 9pm for discount drink offers. No live music on Sundays.
- Opening Hours: Daily from 6pm to 2am
- Location: #01-13 Blk. B Clarke Quay, 3 River Valley Rd., Singapore
- Tel: +65 6338 8982